USRowing is thrilled to announce our regatta schedule for the 2023 and 2024 seasons. Competition is a shared priority and core to our mission, and we look forward to improving your experience as we move into the 2023 racing season.
Our 2023 and 2024 regatta schedule will reflect the regatta priorities we presented in July, feedback we've gotten from the community over the course of the 2022 season, and the availability of venues that can support our experiences. USRowing will be delivering more racing opportunities – and more dependable racing opportunities – for masters rowers, bringing our regattas to more venues, focusing on the growth of our national championship regattas, and bringing our values to wherever we host events.
Our national championships' slate will include three summer regattas in 2023. USRowing will kick off the summer with the Youth National Championships June 8-11 in Sarasota, Fla. The USRowing Summer National Championships will be combined back into one event and will return to Lake Harsha July 13-16 in Bethel, Ohio. However, the event will not include national team trials racing. The following week, the USRowing Masters National Championships will be held just two hours away in Indianapolis, Ind.
Summer nationals and masters nationals have traditionally been several weeks apart, forcing many teams to choose one regatta, delaying masters' transition to head race training, and impacting our ability to deliver a great experience across both events. The timing and location of these regattas will allow clubs to more readily attend both events. In July 2024, we will host the inaugural RowFest Summer Championships in Oklahoma City, bringing together the entire rowing community for 10 days of competition, development, and entertainment for competitors and spectators alike. Combining these regattas and expanding our charter will breathe new life into summer competition that has become transactional rather than transformational, provide value beyond racing for more members of our community, and reach new audiences by combining sport with entertainment, learning, and development.
On the youth side, USRowing will continue to support our six youth regional events in the Central, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, and Southwest. The USRowing Southeast Youth Championships will be held at Lake Lanier in Gainesville, Ga., where we will be bringing the 1996 Olympic venue back into the regatta rotation. Lake Lanier is one of six venues scheduled to host regattas in 2023-24 that are either new or have been absent from our rotation for years. The learnings we gather across a variety of locations will be instrumental to our long-term venue strategy.
One of our goals is to ensure more masters athletes have championship racing opportunities at the regional level closer to their home club. We're bringing back our Southwest event and partnering with existing regattas to deliver championships to the Central and Mid-Atlantic regions as well. In addition, we're moving Northwest masters to Dexter Reservoir, given the environmental risks to summer competition at Vancouver Lake. All five regattas will take place over the same weekend in 2023.
USRowing is at the beginning of a multi-year journey to deliver more value in competition and ensure a bright future for our sport. We look forward to seeing you at our championship regattas next year and for years to come.
Click here to see our FAQ for details about our decision-making process. Click here to read Chief Program Officer Rich Cacioppo's letter regarding the schedule announcement.
USRowing 2023-24 Regatta Schedule
(All regattas are tentative pending city permit approvals, which typically are not granted until the calendar year of the event.)
- February 3-5 – 2023 USRowing Atlantic City Indoor National Championships (Atlantic City, N.J.)
- May 5-7 – USRowing Southwest Youth Championships (Gold River, Calif.)
- May 6-7 – USRowing Central Youth Championships (Oklahoma City, Okla.)
- May 13-14 – USRowing Mid-Atlantic Youth Championships (West Windsor, N.J.)
- May 13-14 – USRowing Southeast Youth Championships (Gainesville, Ga.)
- May 19-21 – USRowing Northwest Youth Championships (Vancouver, Wash.)
- May 20-21 – USRowing Northeast Youth Championships (Worcester, Mass.)
- June 8-11 – USRowing Youth National Championships (Sarasota, Fla)
- June 23-25 – USRowing Northwest Masters Regional Championships (Lowell, Ore.)
- June 24 – Stars & Stripes USRowing Central Masters Regional Championships (Oklahoma City, Okla.)
- June 24-25 – USRowing Southeast Masters Regional Championships (Aiken, S.C.)
- June 24-25 – USRowing Southwest Masters Regional Championships (Chula Vista, Calif.)
- June 24-25 – Diamond States Masters Regatta in partnership with USRowing (Townsend, Del.)
- July 13-16 – USRowing Summer National Championships (Bethel, Ohio)
- July 20-23 – USRowing Masters National Championships (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- May 3-5 – USRowing Southwest Youth Championships (Gold River, Calif.)
- May 4-5 – USRowing Central Youth Championships (Oklahoma City, Okla.)
- May 11-12 – USRowing Mid-Atlantic Youth Championships (West Windsor, N.J.)
- May 11-12 – USRwoing Southeast Youth Championships (Sarasota, Fla.)
- May 17-19 – USRowing Northwest Youth Championships (Vancouver, Wash.)
- May 18-19 – USRowing Northeast Youth Championships (Lowell, Mass.)
- June 6-9 – USRowing Youth National Championships (Sarasota, Fla.)
- June 21-23 – USRowing Northwest Masters Regional Championships (Lowell, Ore.)
- June 22 – Stars & Stripes USRowing Central Masters Regional Championships (Oklahoma City, Okla.)
- June 22-23 – USRowing Southeast Masters Regional Championships (Aiken, S.C.)
- June 22-23 – USRowing Southwest Masters Regional Championships (Chula Vista, Calif.)
- June TBD – Diamond States Masters Regatta in partnership with USRowing (Townsend, Del.)
July 13-21 – RowFest Summer Championships (Oklahoma City, Okla.)