The Richmond Region is Outdoor Sports Central
12 May, 2021
Find your venue. Celebrate your moment. Outside magazine calls us #1. Our outdoor venues prove it.
Named America’s #1 river city, the Richmond, Virginia region is a place where teams want to play and where families want to visit. Our outdoor venues attract sports events from all over the world. Our to-do list includes more than 90 attractions and more than 1,000 restaurants. And our dedication to visitor safety means lodging, restaurants and other attractions are going above and beyond to beat your standards.
This is outdoor sports central.
Along with countless indoor facilities, the Richmond region has some of the best outdoor settings for sporting events. Among them:
• River City Sportsplex, with 12 lighted turf fields
• Dorey Park, with seven multi-purpose fields, six softball fields (four slowpitch and six fastpitch compatible), seven baseball fields for 12-and-under, one baseball field for 12-and-up and an 18-hole disc golf course)
• Glover Park, with four organic infield artificial turf fields with lights, and eight sand volleyball courts
• Pole Green Park, with 5K, 8K and 10K cross country courses
• RF&P Park & Glen Allen Stadium, with three fastpitch softball fields, one 90-foot baseball field, three 60-foot/70-foot baseball fields, two multi-purpose fields and an 850-seat stadium
Find out more about our venues by going to www.visitrichmondva.com/sports/sports-venues/.
We’re here to help execute your game plan.
Richmond Region Tourism’s dedicated sports management team is here to help you with whatever you need, from site selection to lodging to event planning. We’ll work alongside your team to make sure you’re on your game, so they can be, too. To connect, contact Jerrine Lee, STS, Director of Sports Development, via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 804-783-7418. SDM