Find Your Place in the Sun in Asheville!
12 Mar, 2020
If you haven’t yet considered Asheville, North Carolina, as your next host site, you’re missing out on a lot. In addition to our great weather and warm southern hospitality,this area is a dynamic destination, filled with ideal venues and a backed by a welcoming community just filled with nice surprises for those who visit.
We want you to play here and we’re ready for you. From cycling to tennis to gymnastics to soccer to just about any other sport, whether it involves a ball, a road, a mat, a track or an animal, Asheville can host you. Just consider some of our venues:
- Harrah's Cherokee Center-Asheville has hosted events including the NCAA Division I Southern Conference Basketball Championships and the Fed Cup First-Round Tie in 2018 and 2019
- McCormick Field is home to Single-A professional baseball club, Asheville Tourists. McCormick Field has the ability to hold 4,000 spectators. The facility was also the host site for the NCAA Division I Big South Conference Baseball Tournament in 2009
- Memorial Stadium is home to Asheville City Soccer Club Men’s and Women’s teams. Memorial Stadium has seen sold out crowds with over 2,500 spectators in attendance. The unique turf facility has hosted other sporting events including ultimate frisbee, lacrosse and much more.
- Asheville Racquet Club is the home of the UNC Asheville Bulldogs Tennis teams. The facility features two locations, in Downtown Asheville and in South Asheville, and includes four indoor tennis courts, six hard courts, 10 clay courts, a gym, swimming pool and locker rooms.
- The John B. Lewis Soccer Complex has four world-class turf fields. This East Asheville facility is a great venue to host both youth and adult sporting events.
- Bob Lewis Ballpark is Buncombe County's newest sports facility and offers seven turf baseball and softball fields.
- Asheville Municipal Golf Course is one of the oldest golf courses in WNC. The 18-hole course was designed by famous architect Donald Ross in 1927. This public course accomplishes the difficult double task of being challenging and fun.
- The WNC Agricultural Center is a remarkable 87-acre complex with the ability to meet any event owner’s large- or small-scale event needs
- Aston Park Tennis Center is one of the finest public clay court facilities in the United States. It is open to the public and features 12 lighted clay courts.
- Carrier Park is one of Asheville's premier parks. It was originally built with a racetrack that now serves as a velodrome for cycling events. The infield of Carrier Park has volleyball courts, a roller hockey rink and a basketball court. Additionally, the park features a lawn bowling court and multi-use sports field for baseball and soccer.
- The Cliffs at Walnut Cove was designed by Jack Nicklaus. This beautiful 18-hole golf course has been featured by the PGA TOUR and has been given awards from popular publications like Golf Digest and Golfweek as one of North Carolina’s best courses.
- Kimmel Arena is home to the UNC Asheville Bulldogs Men’s and Women’s basketball programs. This 3,400-seat arena is located on the UNC Asheville Campus and has held numerous sporting events including Gala Gymnastics, Harlem Globetrotters, Southern Conference Wrestling Championship and many more.
…And we don’t stop there. No matter what your event needs, you’ll be supported every step of the way. The Asheville Buncombe Regional Sports Commission and the Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau work in collaboration with one another to ensure each sporting event in Asheville is a successful and unforgettable experience. Let us show you what we can do.
And don’t think we’re just a sports town, either. When the games are done, Asheville continues to shine. We’re located along the popular Blue Ridge Parkway, with multiple options for dining, touring, visiting and just plain immersing in everything the area has to offer. Sports families, adult athletes traveling alone or with friends, and everyone in between will find something here, whether that means nature, history, culture or something else. We even have a Dog Welcome Center, the first of its kind in the U.S. (Like we said, we’re full of surprises.)
Let’s talk soon – we’re ready to make your event a success.