A core group of cycling stakeholders has announced the full calendar of 10 events for a new national criterium series after announcing the founding events in December.
The new events in the series are the Sunny King Criterium in Anniston, AL; the MVP Health Care Rochester Twilight Criterium in Rochester, NY; the Harlem Skyscraper Cycling Classic in Harlem, NY; and Intelligentsia Cup in Lake Bluff, IL.
“We’re excited to be back to racing and to be included in the inaugural year for this series,” said Richard Cox, the Race Director for the Harlem Skyscraper Classic. “Our event has been around since 1973, the second oldest bike race in the US, and to be recognized as one of the top criteriums in America is a great honor.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming teams, racers, and spectators from across the country to Harlem in June.”
The new series will offer US$100,000 in overall prize money, equally split between the men and women in addition to individual event prize purses. All events in the series are committed to awarding equal prize money for the pro men’s and women’s fields in their prospective races. The additional information, including the official series name, is being finalized and will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Sunny King Criterium, April 9, Anniston, AL
- MVP Health Care Rochester Twilight Criterium, May 21, Rochester, NY
- Saint Francis Tulsa Tough, June 10*, Tulsa, OK
- Harlem Skyscraper Cycling Classic, June 19, Harlem, NY
- Bailey & Glasser LLP Twilight Criterium, July 9, Boise, ID
- Salt Lake City Criterium, July 16*, Salt Lake City, UT
- Intelligentsia Cup, July 30*, Lake Bluff, IL
- Littleton Criterium, August 6, Littleton, CO
- Momentum Indy, August 27*, Indianapolis, IN
- Bommarito Audi Gateway Cup, September 5*, Saint Louis, MO
*Specified series date for multi-day events