Play PNW Sports: Snohomish County, Washington
21 Jan, 2020
Welcome to PNW Sports! Snohomish County, Washington, where dedication to your successful event is our badge of honor.
Located in northwest Washington State, nestled between the sparkling blue waters of Puget Sound and the rugged, snow-capped peaks of the Cascade Mountains is Snohomish County. Snohomish County begins 15 miles north of Seattle, a little under 120 miles south of Vancouver, British Columbia, and a short ferry ride away from the Olympic Peninsula.
TOP 5 REASONS TO PLAY HERE
1. DEDICATION – Skate America to Nautique WWA Wakeboard Nationals to US Club Soccer NW Regionals; we have top-notched venues to host your event.
The top-notch venues include the Angel of the Winds Arena, Meadowdale Playfields, Walt Price Fitness Center, and Lake Tye Park. Angel of the Winds Arena is home to the Western Hockey League Everett Silvertips Hockey team. The arena has two NHL-size ice rinks with a seating capacity of 8,300. A 13,000-square-foot conference center is in the same building which offers additional meeting space for any sporting events. The arena will host eight WNBA Seattle Storm games in 2020. The arena has hosted 2008 & 2018 Skate America, 2012 & 2016 Pacific Rim Gymnastics Championships, 2017 USA Curling National Championships, and 2019 U.S National Junior Team Training Camp. In 2020, will host Fed Cup – USA vs Latvia.
Meadowdale Playfields, located in Lynnwood, WA, has two all-turf synthetic multi-purpose fields and three all-turf synthetic infield softball/baseball fields. The playfields can host youth baseball, girls fastpitch and adult softball tournaments year-round. The multi-purpose fields are lined for soccer and lacrosse. In 2020, USSSA of Washington adult softball, USSSA of Washington Baseball and West Coast Premier Tournaments are hosting their tournaments at the playfields.
Walt Price Fitness Center at Everett Community College is a 2,200 seat-capacity gymnasium which can host a variety of sports events including gymnastics, basketball, volleyball and powerlifting. With over 1,000 parking spaces on campus and restaurants in walking distance, the Walt Price Fitness Center is a great venue for any youth sports tournament. The venue has hosted the NWAC Men & Women Basketball Tournaments since 2016. In 2020, the venue will host the 2020 USA Gymnastics Men’s Region 2 Championships, 2020 USA Gymnastics XCEL Regionals, and 2020 USA Gymnastics XCEL Gold/Platinum/Diamond State Championships.
The uniqueness of Lake Tye Park provides an array of sporting events that can be hosted at the park. The park has a 42-acre lake which has hosted Pro Wakeboard Tours and World Wake Association Wakeboard Nationals over the last 10 years. The park has been home to the USA Triathlon Youth & Junior Elite Race Series since 2011 and Lake Tye Triathlon since 2010.
2. SERVICE – From volunteer recruitment to grant applications, we exist to better serve you. Snohomish County provides a variety of opportunities for sports event planners to bring their event here. Snohomish County Sports Commission will help the event planners with funding opportunities, event services and logistics, hotel accommodations, and venue selections to make your event successful. Snohomish County offers a range of venues ranging from ice to lake and rivers to playfields and sports courts.
3. PLAY FIELD – Spend your day in the mountains, your evening dining Oceanside and your night at our world-class arena. Discover SnoCo’s miles of shoreline, peaceful lakes and streams, natural scenic beauty and plenty of outdoor adventure: river rafting, float trips, water skiing, fishing, hiking, biking, hot air ballooning, etc. if adventurous activities or the great outdoors don’t entice, maybe shopping at Seattle Premium Outlets or Alderwood Mall or visiting the antique capital of the west in historic downtown Snohomish is more your flavor.
Not to miss during your visit is Seattle ultimate aviation experience, the Paine Field Aviation District, where the past, present and future of flight coincide in five unique attractions. Paine Field is also home to the largest building in the world, Boeing’s 747, 767, 777 and 787 plant, which offers daily tours at the Boeing’s Future of Flight.
SnoCo is home to endless activities for kids and those who are kids at heart! Watch orca whales frolic via the Puget Sound Express, Seattle’s premier whale watching tour. Strap in for high-flying adventure at High Trek Adventures zipline & ropes Course Park. Make your own Funko Pop and take a photo with a giant character at Funko in downtown Everett. Explore the award-winning interactive Imagine Children’s Museum or pet and feed kangaroos, wallabies and more at The Outback Kangaroo Farm. You’ll be sure to find something that’s new and exciting for the whole family.
4. COMMERCIAL AIR SERVICE – Paine Field Airport started commercial air service in March 2019. Alaska Airlines offers 10 non-stop destinations along with west coast including Los Angeles, Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Francisco, San Diego, Portland and Spokane. United Airlines offers two non-stop destinations including Denver and San Francisco.
5. ACCESS TO SEATTLE – We’re so close, you can hold your Seattle sporting event in Snohomish County for a fraction of the cost. We’re close to the world-class everything that Seattle has to offer being just 15 miles north. Your participants can visit the best café’ in the world in Everett, shop the premium outlets, take a road trip through the mountains and picnic beside an alpine lake. Consider Snohomish County a launch pad from which to explore the TRUE PNW. Come book your great sports event with PNW Sports!