The Largest Sand Soccer Festival In The World Benefits The Local Hampton Roads Soccer Complex
9 Jun, 2021
From June 11-13, thousands of beach soccer enthusiasts will flock to the Virginia Beach oceanfront to compete in the 27th Ferguson North American Sand Soccer Championships (NASSC). This year’s event features almost
700 soccer teams competing on 64 soccer fields. Hotels are sold out, restaurants will be very busy and per a City of Virginia Beach economic impact survey, NASSC generates $15 million annually.
“We are incredibly proud and grateful that the 27th annual Ferguson North American Sand Soccer Championships will be the first large-scale event to open up the Virginia Beach Oceanfront in 2021! Our staff has worked tirelessly and creatively over the last year to plan and execute a safe, fun and memorable event. We appreciate the City of Virginia Beach’s Leadership Team for trusting and working alongside us to plan our beloved event while staying compliant with the Governor of Virginia’s COVID guidelines. We are excited to welcome soccer families to our favorite piece of paradise...Virginia Beach!” - Lauren Bland, Executive Director of the Hampton Roads Soccer Council.
This year’s event features a Premier Division with 6 of the best men’s and women’s teams from around the country. Games will be held between 24th-25th street on Saturday from 8am-8pm and Sunday from 8am-5pm. All activities are free and open to the public.
NASSC is hosted by the Hampton Roads Soccer Council, a 501c3 non-profit organization, and all proceeds benefit the Hampton Roads Soccer Complex (HRSC) in Virginia Beach, VA. HRSC is a 24-field soccer complex (includes 22 Bermuda grass fields and 2 artificial turf fields) and hosts over 400,000 visitors annually.
For more information about the event visit: www.sandsoccer.com
- Facebook - @NASSC.HRSC
- Instagram - @sandsoccer_nassc
- Twitter - @NASSC_HRSC
- #nassc #nassc2021
FAST FACTS: (Smaller scale for 2021 event)
- 7,000+ participants (ages U8 to over 40)
- 10+ States represented
- $15+ million in economic impact annually
- 60,000 weekend spectator attendance
- Affiliated with Beach Soccer Worldwide, FIFA’s operational arm for professional beach soccer internationally
- Hampton Roads Soccer Council (HRSC) leads the planning and execution of NASSC
- HRSC’s affiliate soccer clubs assist with the planning and development: Beach FC, Over Thirty Soccer League, Southeastern Virginia Women’s Soccer Association and Virginia Rush.
- Proceeds from NASSC benefit the Hampton Roads Soccer Complex (HRSC), a 501c3 non-profit organization in Virginia Beach, VA. HRSC is a 24-field soccer complex (includes 22 Bermuda grass fields and 2 artificial turf fields) and sees over 400,000 visitors annually. For more information about the Hampton Roads Soccer Complex, please visit: www.soccercomplex.org.
- June 11th - Soccer Kid’s Clinic (FREE) at 7:00pm - 8:30pm at the 28th Street Fields
- June 12th – 13th – Amateur games from 8:00am-8:00pm, live beach music, food and retail sales
- June 12th – 13th – Premier Division matches from 8:00am-8:00pm Saturday and 8:00am-5:00pm Sunday
- Top professional men’s and women’s beach soccer teams compete in a 2-day format. The Premier Division is the centerpiece of NASSC, routinely drawing international entries and attracting several thousand spectators to the 24th Street Fields. Teams competing in 2021 include:
- HRSC Elite, VA
- Maryzillians, MD
- NBSL, FL
- SoCal Legacy BSC, CA
- Tidewater Captains, VA
- Vitoria FC, OH
- Beach Soccer LA, CA
- Coastal United BSC, VA
- HRSC Elite, VA
- SBSC, VA
- SEVWSA BSC, VA
- SoAR Cal, CA
NASSC LEAD SPONSORS:
- TITLE SPONSOR: Ferguson
- PRESENTING SPONSOR: City of Virginia Beach
- AFFILIATE: Beach Soccer Worldwide
· BCS Voice & Data Solutions
· Ramada Plaza by Wyndham
· Sand Soccer Gear
· ShoreBreak Pizza & Taphouse
· Tropical Smoothie Café
· Wealth Avenue
· YNot Italian