SportsPITTSBURGH has some notable sports events planned through Dec. 31 that will drive business into Pittsburgh’s communities.
- USHL Fall Classic | Sept. 22-26 | UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex in Cranberry Township, PA | Hosted with Pittsburgh Penguins
- This event features some of the best junior hockey across the United States and returns for the 6th time to Pittsburgh. In 2021, the event had 5,500 attendees, all 16 USHL teams, 80+ youth teams and scouts from every level of hockey. Last year’s Fall Classic contributed $3.9 million in visitor direct spending.
- EQT Pittsburgh 10 Miler | Nov. 6 | Downtown Pittsburgh | Hosted by P3R
- An estimated 4,500 runners are projected to race in the 10th anniversary of the EQT Pittsburgh 10 Miler, dubbed “The Most Pittsburgh Race Ever.” New this year is a 10K race option.
- NCAA Division III Women’s Volleyball Championship | Nov. 17-19 | UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse
- Co-hosted by SportsPITTSBURGH and Saint Vincent University, the top eight collegiate teams will qualify for Pittsburgh, with quarterfinal play to follow. In 2018, the event contributed $324,700 to the local economy.
- This championship is the first of 11 NCAA events Pittsburgh will host from Fall 2022 – Spring 2026.
To learn more about these events and other sporting events planned for Pittsburgh, please visit SportsPITTSBURGH.com.
As a division of VisitPITTSBURGH, SportsPITTSBURGH’s primary goal is to attract and host a wide variety of sporting events while providing planners and local stakeholders with the expertise and professionalism required to host a world-class event in the Pittsburgh region. Pittsburgh, the “City of Champions,” is dedicated to hosting events that make public health and safety top priorities. For more information, visit sportspittsburgh.com.