US Quidditch Seeking Bids for Competitive Events
14 Jan, 2020
Interested Destinations Should Act Now Before Deadline
Bidding for events in the 2021-22 season has now opened. The bid manual is now available to download from the US Quidditch website.
Interested parties may review USQ’s bid manual, accessible here, for detailed information on deadlines and requirements for hosting one of USQ’s premier events in the 2021-22: US Quidditch Cup and/or Regional Championships. The next bid manual, which will be released in Fall 2020, will cover the 2022-23 season.
BID PROCESS OVERVIEW
- To initiate the bid process, interested parties should first download and review the bid manual.
- Potential hosts must submit the intent to bid form and a completed bid package (possibly including the recommended bid snapshot and any supplemental bid package materials) by DEADLINE, February 13, 2020.
- USQ will select finalists from among the bids received and will announce the finalists in March 2020.
- We will conduct site visits for all the finalist locations in May 2020.
- The locations and dates for events for the 2021-22 season will be announced in June 2020.
Additional information on bidding is also available here.
GETTING YOUR TEAM INVOLVED IN THE BID PROCESS
Like last season, teams can also get involved by nominating their city or college administration to bid for a USQ event.
STEPS FOR TEAMS NOMINATING YOUR CITY OR COLLEGE
- Draft a letter of nomination for the city or college your team is interested in (see template on this page). Email it to Executive Director Mary Kimball at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule a conference call with USQ staff, where we will go over your letter, talk about your ideas, and lay out next steps in the bidding process.
- USQ staff will reach out to the appropriate city, college administration, convention and visitor bureau (CVB), or sports commission, including the letter of nomination from your team as an introduction.
- USQ will keep your team in the loop throughout the process.
The information above is also available on the “Getting Your Team Involved in the Event Bid Process page, accessible from the sidebar of the main Event Bidding page.
If you have questions about the event bidding process, please contact Executive Director Mary Kimball at email@example.com.