ISSA to Hold Fall Tournaments in MD, FL, VA, SC
26 Aug, 2014
The International Senior Softball Association (ISSA) has released its schedule of fall tournaments. Tournament information can be accessed here.
SALISBURY, MARYLAND - Over fifty senior teams have now entered the first ISSA Eastern Shore Championships scheduled for September 19-21 at three parks in and around Salisbury and the Northside Softball Complex at Ocean City. The 65+ and 70+/75+ teams will play at Ocean City while all others (50+, 55+ and 60+) will be on the fields at Salisbury.
PANAMA CITY, FLORIDA - The ISSA will hold the ISSA Gulf Coast Championships for the first time at the Frank Brown Complex in Panama City. The exciting new event will be held on September 19-21 with seniot teams from Florida, Alabama, Georgia and Ohio already entered. Teams planning on playing in this tournament should use the Online Entry Form found on the ISSA Website.
ISSA OCTOBER TOURNAMENTS - Teams that play in the 7th ISSA Winter Nationals (October 10-12, 2014, Virginia Beach, VA) and the ISSA US Open Nationals Championships (October 22-26, 2014, Mrytle Beach, SC) can use their 2015 roster. Both tournaments are expected to exceed 60 teams so teams are encouraged to submit their online entry form now to reserve there spot. At Myrtle Beach the 70+, 75+ and 80+ teams will play on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday while all other senior teams will play on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
About ISSA: The International Senior Softball Association (ISSA) is a not-for-profit corporation organized in 1994 by experienced softball administrators to provide the senior players a voice in the sport and the opportunity to participate in and experience the highest quality world-class tournaments. The ISSA is an Allied Member of the Amateur Softball Association or America, the National Governing Body for the sport of softball. ISSA Executive Director, RB Thomas, Jr. is also the Director of Senior Softball for the International Softball Federation and has annually conducted the ISF Senior World Cup since 2002. In 2011 the ISSA will expand their tournament program to new and exciting venues thoughout the United States. The mission of the ISSA is to:
- establish national and international goals for senior softball activities and encourage the attainment of those goals;
- coordinate and develop amateur senior softball activity to foster productive working relationships among other senior softball organizations;
- promote and encourage physical fitness and public participation in senior athletic activities;
- assist organizations and persons concerned with senior sports in the development of amateur athletic programs and other events that foster the special comradery among seniors;
- provide for swift resolutions of conflicts and disputes involving amateur athletes, and protect the opportunity of any amateur athlete, coach, trainer, manager, administrator, or official to participate in senior amateur athletic competition;
- foster the development of amateur athletic facilities for use by amateur athletes and assist in making existing amateur athletic facilities available for use by senior softball.
- provide and coordinate technical information on physical training, equipment design, coaching, and performance analysis;
- encourage and support research, development, and dissemination of information in the areas of sports medicine and sports safety.
- encourage and provide assistance to amateur athletic activities for senior women;
- provide world class competition for senior softball.
If we can be of assistance to you concerning senior softball issues, please do not hesitate to let us help.
The ISSA Tournament Program promises to provide exciting events again this year. Our staff is busy working on our expanded tournament program in order to address player requests and bring more ISSA events for the teams who have experienced our tournaments over the years. Our staff is available to assist you with any details and our new website will provide updated news about senior softball. Best wishes for a great season and we look forward to seeing all in the coming months.