The International Senior Softball Association has announced its schedule for fall and winter. Expect more information to be forthcoming. Check the ISSA website for updates.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, October 11-13, 2013: Over 60 teams have now entered the 2013 ISSA Winter Nationals. This is the sixth year for the senior tournament at this world-class ocean resort City. The tournament is at near capacity for the reserved fields this year. Only three or four additional teams can be accepted at this late date. Any new team looking to participate should immediately submit the online entry form and call the ISSA office to confirm entry. The list of registered teams is posted on the website.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, October 23, 2013: Grand Park at Market Commons is poised to be the center of action as the ISSA U.S. Open National Championships continues to grow in participation. The ISSA expects well over 60 teams to compete this October. The 70s and 75s will begin play on Wednesday, October 23. Already fourteen 70+ teams have entered and more are expected to take to the synthetic turf fields to vie for their division championship. Any team planning to play and they are not on the posted Registered Team list should submit their online entry form right away. The event already has over a 50 percent increase this year over the 2013 numbers and is now one of the largest senior tournaments in the East.
Tampa, Florida, January 24-26, 2014: The ISF/ISSA World Tournament of Champions in January 2014 is one of the most hotly anticipated events of the new year.The list of teams with an earned berth is posted on the website. Additional teams will qualify at Virginia Beach and Myrtle Beach, you do not want to miss this one. The Fact Sheet is posted on the Website and field assignments and hotel information for each venue will be added soon. Teams planning on playing in the WTOC should submit the online entry form now to help the organizers plan for the best possible event. Entry fees are due by December 31.
About ISSA: The International Senior Softball Association (ISSA) is a not-for-profit corporation organized in 1994 by experienced softball administrators to provide the senior players a voice in the sport and the opportunity to participate in and experience the highest quality world-class tournaments. The ISSA is an Allied Member of the Amateur Softball Association or America, the National Governing Body for the sport of softball. ISSA Executive Director, RB Thomas, Jr. is also the Director of Senior Softball for the International Softball Federation and has annually conducted the ISF Senior World Cup since 2002. In 2011 the ISSA will expand their tournament program to new and exciting venues thoughout the United States. The mission of the ISSA is to:
- Establish national and international goals for senior softball activities and encourage the attainment of those goals;
- Coordinate and develop amateur senior softball activity to foster productive working relationships among other senior softball organizations;
- Promote and encourage physical fitness and public participation in senior athletic activities;
- Assist organizations and persons concerned with senior sports in the development of amateur athletic programs and other events that foster the special comradery among seniors;
- Provide for swift resolutions of conflicts and disputes involving amateur athletes, and protect the opportunity of any amateur athlete, coach, trainer, manager, administrator, or official to participate in senior amateur athletic competition;
- Foster the development of amateur athletic facilities for use by amateur athletes and assist in making existing amateur athletic facilities available for use by senior softball.
- Provide and coordinate technical information on physical training, equipment design, coaching, and performance analysis;
- Encourage and support research, development, and dissemination of information in the areas of sports medicine and sports safety.
- Encourage and provide assistance to amateur athletic activities for senior women;
- Provide world class competition for senior softball.
Information is available at the website.