A Downhill Dash of Epic Proportions: Red Bull Homerun
4 Apr, 2019
With the close of the 2019 ski and snowboard season approaching, it’s time to gather your friends and drop in on the most anticipated race of the year: Red Bull Homerun.
The snow event is a downhill bomb from top to bottom at Crystal Mountain. Skiers and Snowboarders will start together in a mass uphill sprint racing to strap in their boots. They’ll then ride as fast as possible down a marked course and finish at one of the best après-ski parties of the year.
The fastest man and woman, in both skiing and snowboarding, will take home a trophy, an Ikon Base Pass, a Red Bull prize pack and of course, bragging rights. For those who don’t have the need for speed, there’s a separate prize category created just for you known as, “Dressed to Impress!”. Show up in your weirdest, wildest or most outrageous garb and strut your stuff during the after party to take home what some call the most coveted prize of all.
Each competitor will be assigned a commemorative race bib, which will provide access to the après-ski after party at the Sundeck where DJ Calico and Chong the Nomad will be performing. Whether you come to race or just come to experience all the festivities, Red Bull Homerun is not to be missed!
Participant registration is open here for just $25. Those who register must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
EVENT SCHEDULE: Saturday, April 6th
- 9:00AM: Athlete registration opens at the Sundeck
- 1:00PM: Athlete briefing at the Sundeck
- 1:30PM – 3:00PM: Course inspection, no full speed runs allowed, violators will be disqualified
- 3:00PM: Registration closes
- 3:30PM: Athletes meet at Mt. Rainier Gondola for start line staging
- 4:00PM: Athlete start line positioning
- 4:45PM: Shotgun start
- 5:00PM: Awards ceremony, after party, media availability with winning participants