Running USA will host a one-day race director workshop in Austin, TX, on Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at the Austin Hilton which is the host hotel for The Running Event.
The one-day meeting offers sessions on critical topics for running event directors and officials, along with networking opportunities.
Some program highlights of this year’s sessions include:
- Welcome - Kevin Callahan, MapMyFitness and Running USA Board of Directors President
- Introduction Session - Network with industry peers
- Sponsorship 101 - Doug Kaplan, Competitor Group
- Social Media - Galen Burson, ACTIVE Network
- Working Lunch (lunch provided) based on the popular Round Tables, organizers are holding an Industry Give & Take Discussion. Attendees may send topics in advance
- Endurance Events Pricing Strategy - Mike Coleman, ACTIVE Network
- Event Marketing - Beth Salinger, Hospital Hill Run
- Course Planning, Permitting & Essecential Operations – Presenter TBA.
The full program and schedule are available at this site.
About Running USA: Running USA advances the growth and success of the running industry. Its overall goals are to promote, celebrate and build the sport, and to provide quality services that enhance members’ businesses.
Running USA is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization devoted to improving the status and experience of distance running and racing in the United States through collective marketing and promotions, information and communications within the industry and to the national media, services to events and industry members, and the development of American world class stars. It seeks the advancement of the sport and the provision of value to each of its members' events and businesses.
Running USA was formed in 1999 as a joint venture between a coalition of leading road races, race services companies, running-related media companies, the athletic industry and USA Track & Field. The organization is based on the idea that its goals can best be achieved through everyone in the sport working together.
There are no comments
Please login to post comments