During the week of Thanksgiving, passing the ball around the pitch has become as much of an anticipated tradition as passing the turkey around the table.
Athletes and their family, coaches and umpires have marked their November calendars to travel to Palm Beach Co., Florida for USA Field Hockey’s National Hockey Festival, presented by CranBarry. Festival, as it’s known in the field hockey community, has become a tradition in the sport, growing into what is today the largest amateur field hockey event in the world.
In total, 196 Under-16 and Under-19 teams in 28 pools will compete at the 2013 National Hockey Festival held on the pristine polo fields of the International Polo Club.
Tentative Competition Hours:
Nov. 28 7:30AM - 4:30PM
Nov. 29 7:30AM - 4:30PM
Nov. 30 7:30AM - 4:30PM
Dec. 1 8:00AM - 2:00PM (Adult Divisions only)
Information on the event, including registration details, can be found at this site.
USA Field Hockey is the national governing body for sport of field hockey in the United States and is based out of Colorado Springs, Colorado. The mission of the United States Field Hockey Association is to:
- Promote and grow the sport in the United States.
- Enable United States athletes to achieve sustained competitive excellence in Olympic, Pan American Games, World Cup and other International competitions.
- Provide programs and services for our members, supporters, affiliates and the interested public.
- Be committed to excellence and the improvement of opportunities for both men and women in our sport, emphasizing participation and development opportunities for players, coaches, umpires and administrators.
- Be committed to selecting and preparing teams to participate successfully in the Olympic Games, Pan American Games and identified international competitions.
- Strive to represent the United States and the sport of field hockey in an exemplary manner throughout the world, both in terms of competitive performance and in the overall quality of our programs and services to our members.
Information on USA Field Hockey and all events can be found at the home page.