Cheer on Team USA and celebrate at the Downtown Winter Fest on Saturday, February 5 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM in the plaza of the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum!
Hosted by the Colorado Springs Sports Corporation and U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum, Downtown Winter Fest is the continuation of a biennial celebration that began in 2012 with the London Games. This event is free and open to the public and showcases the community’s support of the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee, National Governing Bodies, “Olympic City USA”, Team USA, and the Olympic and Paralympic values.
· Olympic and Paralympic athlete Q&A & autograph signings from:
· Peggy Fleming - Figure skatinggold medalist in the 1968 Grenoble Olympic Winter Games and 5 consecutive U.S. championships, 3 world titles from 1966-68, and Female Athlete of the Year by the Associated Press in 1968
· Vonetta Flowers -Bobsled gold medalist in the 2022 Salt Lake City Olympic Winter Games, two-time Olympian, and first African American athlete to win a gold medal in the Winter Olympics
John Register - Paralympic track and fieldsilver medalist in the 2000 Sydney Paralympic Games, two-time, two-sport Paralympian (Swimming and Track and Field), two-time Olympic trails qualifier, combat Army veteran and amputee · Beijing Olympic Games highlights broadcast on the big screen
· Special FREE/PUBLIC access to select areas of the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum with curated artifact demonstrations and extended paid tours available
· Victory on Ice, a winter sport guided tourat the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum at 11:00am and 2:00pm
· Cultural performances from Christina Yeh Chinese Dance Studio & Center for Aikido and Tang Soo Do Studios (Tai Chi Sword Fighting)
· Live music from Soul School
· The Xfinity Xperience featuring an athlete photo op & s'mores area
· Interactive sport demonstrations & public US Figure Skating Association "Learn to Skate" opportunities on synthetic ice (provided by Apex Sports Center)
· Torch Relay with Olympic and Paralympic athletes and community leaders
· Beer garden, food vendors, and much more!
Full schedule of events and more details available at: