Snowsports Industries America (SIA), the non-profit trade association for the winter sports industry, announced its release of the 2017 SIA Participation Study.
The SIA Participation Study is a comprehensive look at participants in winter sports including skiing, telemarking, snowboarding, Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, and sledding. The study covers participant demographics, frequency, regional participation, crossover activities, and more. Published annually, this report is aimed to serve as a reference tool for the snow sports industry.
“We’re thrilled that our data shows the winter sports industry is thriving, up 5 percent overall in the 2016–17 season,” said Nick Sargent, SIA’s president. “This is the second of many reports slated to release this season.”
Some key insights in the report include:
· Participation grew in alpine ski, freeski, XC ski and snowshoe
· The South Atlantic region has the largest number of winter sports participants
· As percentage of alpine skiers, the age group of 45–54 grew from 12.3 percent to 16.0 percent and the 55–64 age group grew from 4.9 percent to 8.2 percent
· The Middle Atlantic Region has the largest share of alpine skiers who go nine or more times
· Young snowboarders grew 6 percent from the previous season
This report is free to all SIA Members and is also available at a minimal cost of $550 to non-members. To access the report, please contact Kyle Kennedy, Director of Member Services: email@example.com.
There are no comments
Please login to post comments