US Quidditch Announces Virtual Events for Early 2021
8 Jan, 2021
US Quidditch has announced virtual activities for the first part of the year.
· Date and time:January 9, 2021 at 7 pm ET
· Summary: Register for our workshop to learn fundraising strategies, how to build a relationship with your school administration, and why fundraising should be used as a recruitment tool. This workshop will be led by expert fundraiser, Naresh Edala, Rutgers Quidditch alumni and current Rutgers coach. In the 2018-2019 season, Rutgers Quidditch earned an at-large bid three weeks before Nationals. In those three weeks, Naresh, who was President, Captain, and Treasurer, raised a total of $3,000, securing plane tickets, lodging, and car rentals for his team. The workshop will begin with a presentation by Naresh, followed by a Q&A session. This workshop is open to all, regardless of current team leadership status.
Book Club Discussion on 'This Is How We Fly'
· Date and time:January 11, 2021 at 8 pm ET
· Summary: Author and quidditch player Anna Meriano published a new novel in December, This is How We Fly. A loose retelling of Cinderella, the book is about a high-school graduate who joins a local quidditch league and finds her footing in life after school. Join Anna and USQ staff for an hour long book club style discussion on 'This is How We Fly'. Learn about Anna's quidditch experience playing for teams like Rice University and Houston Cosmos, her writing process, and more.
Midwest Winter Fantasy/Snow Cup Celebration
· Date and time:January 14, 2021 at 8 pm ET
· Summary: Celebrate and reflect on past Midwest Winter Fantasy and Snow Cup events with a panel discussion with past participants and organizers.