US Masters Swimming has released its calendar of competitive open water events in 2014. (Other events, such as those held in pools, is also available). The full calendar, searchable by zipcode or city and state, is available here.
The following open water swim events are listed:
- Apr 19, 2014 - Open Water: The 17th Annual 24 Mile Tampa Bay Marathon Swim in St. Petersburg, FL
- May 17, 2014 - Open Water: LV10K Open Water Swim in Boulder City, NV
- USMS Sanctioned Event - May 24 - 25, 2014 - Open Water: Jim McDonnell Lake Swims & Open Water Clinic in Reston, VA
- Jun 28, 2014 - Open Water: Central IL Open Water Swim (CIOWS) in Hudson, IL
- Jul 12, 2014 - Open Water: Kingdom Swim in Newport, VT
- Jul 19, 2014 - Open Water: Greenwich Point One Mile Swim in Greenwich, CT
- Aug 3, 2014 - Open Water: Change Your Latitude- 57* North Open Water Challenge in Sitka, AK
- Aug 9 - 17, 2014 - Open Water: 8 Lake - 43 Mile - 4 Marathon - Swim the Kingdom Week in Newport, VT
- Aug 9, 2014 - Open Water: Island Beach Two Mile Swim in Greenwich, CT
- Aug 9, 2014 - Open Water: Rose Pitonof Swim, New York, NY
- Sep 13, 2014 - Open Water: Liberty to Freedom Swim in New York, NY
- Oct 11, 2014 - Open Water: Swim The Loop in Wilmington, NC
United States Masters Swimming (USMS) is a national organization that provides organized workouts, competitions, clinics and workshops for adults aged 18 and over. Programs are open to all adult swimmers (fitness, triathlete, competitive, and non-competitive) who are dedicated to improving their fitness through swimming, and is organized with 500 clubs throughout the nation.