XTERRA Releases Sites of Marathon Series for 2021
15 Mar, 2021
Hot on the heels of announcing a tie-up with Zwift to take off-road training and racing virtual, 2021 is shaping up to be a big year for XTERRA fans, athletes and organizers.
The off-road specialist has unveiled the XTERRA Trail Marathon Series 2021. The new 10-race series bolsters the current XTERRA calendar while also offering runners a chance to explore and discover new destinations within the discipline of long-distance trail running.
Beginning with the XTERRA Kenting Trail Run in Taiwan in March, the calendar will be made up of five of existing XTERRA Trail Marathon races, whilst also offering five new destinations thanks to partnerships with popular established races across Europe, USA and Asia.
Whilst the marathon will form the core distance of the series, the events will also offer something for everyone – from 5km to ultra-distance, and ‘athletes can enjoy the famous XTERRA atmosphere.’
“We are excited to be able to offer marathon-distance trail running events to our calendar,” said Konstantinos Koumargialis, XTERRA Europe Marketing Director. “We feel there is a strong connection between our current off-road triathlon audience and the global trail running community and look forward to welcoming new and current XTERRA fans to try out the series. As ever, we are committed to protecting our natural environment while also allowing athletes the opportunity to explore new places and conquer their sporting goals. It is going to be an incredible year.”
XTERRA Trail Marathon Series for 2021:
- Mar 28, 2021 – XTERRA Kenting Trail Runs – Taiwan
- May 1, 2021 – XTERRA Gozo Trails – Malta
- May 9, 2021 – XTERRA Oak Mountain Trail Run – Alabama
- May 16, 2021 – XTERRA Taihu Trail Run – Suzhou, China
- May 29, 2021 – XTERRA Tupuna MOOREA Trail – Tahiti
- Jul 10, 2021 – XTERRA Snowdonia Trail Marathon – Wales, UK
- Sep 11, 2021 – XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail – Italy
- Oct 10, 2021 – XTERRA Trail Vallée de Joux – Switzerland
- Oct 17, 2021 – XTERRA O-See Ultra Trail – Germany
- Oct 30, 2021 –: XTERRA Trail des Balcons d’Azur – France
The inaugural XTERRA Trail Marathon Series will not operate as a points system or award an official series winner due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions. However, XTERRA notes that it looks forward to including points and prize money for future editions of the race series.