As we gear up for the upcoming outdoor season, there are several important changes to USA Archery selection and qualification procedures, policies and event schedules. USA Archery’s Board of Directors has approved updates to the 2020 U.S. Olympic Trials – Archery, 2020 U.S. Paralympic Trials – Archery, and the 2022 World Archery Para Championship Selection Procedures to comply with evolving COVID-19 protocols. Updated selection procedures may be found here.
In addition, the following trials events have schedule changes for 2021*:
- 2020 U.S. Paralympic Trials – Archery, Stage 1: May 1 (Newberry, FL)
- 2020 U.S. Paralympic Trials – Archery, Stage 2: May 2 (Newberry, FL)
- 2020 U.S. Paralympic Trials – Archery, Stage 3: June 3 (Chula Vista, CA)
- 2020 U.S. Olympic Trials – Archery, Stage 3: May 27-29 (Salt Lake City, UT)
- 2020 U.S. Olympic Trials – Archery, Stage 4: May 30-June 1 (Salt Lake City, UT)
- The 2022 World Archery Para Championships Team will be selected based on the results of the 2020 U.S. Paralympic Trials – Archery
As a reminder, several Para USAT events will be held on new dates:
- Gator Cup – Para USAT: May 2
- SoCal Showdown – Para USAT: June 4-6
*Please note, both the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Trials will have additional COVID-19 mitigation protocols in place that will require athletes to arrive at the event location 72 hours prior to the athletes’ first day of competition. USA Archery will communicate with Trials participants directly regarding new COVID-19 mitigation plans and other requirements.
About USA Archery
USA Archery is the National Governing Body for the Olympic sport of archery in the United States. USA Archery selects and trains Olympic, Paralympic, World Championship, and World Cup teams, as well as developing archery at the grassroots level across the United States. For more information, visit www.usarchery.org.