APTA Lists Sanctioned Tournaments for November
5 Nov, 2013
NGB Events Include State, Regional and National Competitions
The American Platform Tennis Association has posted information about upcoming tournaments.
The calendar for the month of November is available at APTA’s website, http://www.platformtennis.org/
The American Platform Tennis Association is a non-profit organization that governs the sport for its 12,000 members, which includes individuals, municipalities, clubs and leagues [By-Laws]. With an annual operating budget of $350,000, the APTA sanctions more than 180 annual tournaments, including 26 National Championship events. The organization provides national rankings of its members; maintains the official rules and etiquette of the sport; administers the Platform Tennis Hall of Fame; regulates standards for balls, paddles and courts; manages its web site and pays for the production of Platform Tennis Magazine.
Mission of the American Platform Tennis Association
The mission of the APTA is to:
- govern the sport;
- grow participation among all levels and types of players and across all regions;
- improve all aspects of the game.
APTA will accomplish this mission by:
- maintaining the rules and codes of behavior to ensure the integrity of the game;
- creating and increasing awarenessof our sport;
- providing guidance to clubs and municipalities on how to start platform tennis programs and then how to make those programs successful;
- promoting the sport among current players to raise their level of passion.
Information is available at the website, http://www.platformtennis.org/