The American Platform Tennis Association has posted information about upcoming tournaments.
The calendar for the month of November is available at APTA’s website, http://www.platformtennis.org/
The American Platform Tennis Association is a non-profit organization that governs the sport for its 12,000 members, which includes individuals, municipalities, clubs and leagues [By-Laws]. With an annual operating budget of $350,000, the APTA sanctions more than 180 annual tournaments, including 26 National Championship events. The organization provides national rankings of its members; maintains the official rules and etiquette of the sport; administers the Platform Tennis Hall of Fame; regulates standards for balls, paddles and courts; manages its web site and pays for the production of Platform Tennis Magazine.
Mission of the American Platform Tennis Association
The mission of the APTA is to:
- govern the sport;
- grow participation among all levels and types of players and across all regions;
- improve all aspects of the game.
APTA will accomplish this mission by:
- maintaining the rules and codes of behavior to ensure the integrity of the game;
- creating and increasing awarenessof our sport;
- providing guidance to clubs and municipalities on how to start platform tennis programs and then how to make those programs successful;
- promoting the sport among current players to raise their level of passion.
Information is available at the website, http://www.platformtennis.org/