Collegiate Drone Racing Opens Call for Host Sites
26 Sep, 2019
The Collegiate Drone Racing Association has opened its selection process for host sites for competitive events.
All proposals are required to be submitted by October 4th. They will be reviewed, and a decision made by October 11th. This ensures ample time for securing sponsorships and event planning. The proposals must include the following:
• Why you want to host the championship – what sets you apart from other universities
• Potential venues and what they provide including track space, ceiling height (if applicable – indoor venues are easier to plan since weather is not a factor), spectator viewing/seating, power, restrooms, lighting, etc… Include pictures of venues and if possible 2d layouts with dimensions.
• Level of University support (both faculty and students not in your student organization) for the event, both from a monetary and labor standpoint (if any).
• Potential sponsors and level of funding including large and small industry sponsors, meal sponsors, etc...
• Any other information you would like to provide to help guide the decision-making process for CDRA to pick the most capable and promising host.
CDRA believes the championship needs to travel to other Universities but also recognize the intense dedication, work, and financial backing necessary to host championships. As a result, it will accept proposals from previous hosts but weigh them differently than new hosts.
All proposals can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to all questions and/or comments.