The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is proud to introduce the Green School, a cutting edge four-day school held at Oglebay Resort and Conference Center in Wheeling, West Virginia. The next event will be held March 23-27, 2014. With the key audience being the park and recreation professional this school is also designed for anyone that has been charged to become a leader of sustainability in their community.
This two-year training program, consisting of one week per year, will provide you with the ability to:
- Improve your facility’s environmental performance while reducing risk and liability
- Reduce your waste management budget
- Creatively reuse materials and minimize waste production
- Lead green initiatives in your community
- Become environmentally responsible in your operations
- Educate your community on the importance of environmental stewardship
- Position your agency as role models for environmental stewardship in your community
Registration is now open at this link
You can learn more about what to expect at the NRPA Green School by reading "The Green School Challenge" that recently appeared in Parks & Recreation Magazine.
About Toro: The Toro Company is excited to collaborate with the National Recreation and Park Association to bring you the 2014 Green School. We are proud to help give back to the industry, and we are helping Toro Loyalty Counts (TLC) members by adding NRPA Green School credits to the reward offerings. Now TLC members can redeem points toward registration fees. Redemption is easy, TLC members need to log into their account at www.toro.com/tlc and go to the “Rewards” section of the site. They’ll find various credit denominations from $5 - $100. For those interested in the TLC program, enrollment is free, and can be done online at www.toro.com/tlc