Charleston CVB Launches Smartphone App
24 Nov, 2014
The Charleston Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) has unveiled its new, free Meet Charleston West Virginia Smartphone application for meeting and conference attendees. It is also customizable for sports events.
“We are excited to offer this user-friendly tool to meeting planners, and ultimately, their attendees,” said Alisa Bailey CEO, Charleston Convention & Visitors Bureau. “Navigating a meeting and figuring out the local scene can be a daunting task. With the app we’re able to make the experience simpler and more enjoyable for both the planner and the attendee.”
The Smartphone app is just another amenity offered to meeting planners as they consider Charleston for their next event location. The CVB recently “tested” the app during the West Virginia Governor’s Conference on Tourism in September.
“We launched the app during our 2014 Governor’s Conference on Tourism, knowing that our industry colleagues and partners would provide honest feedback on their experience with the new technology,” said Tim Brady, VP of Sales & Marketing for the CVB. “The response was overwhelmingly positive. Conference attendees raved about how much the app added to their ability to navigate the different elements of the event.”
The Meet Charleston West Virginia can include the following features:
- Full meeting agenda
- Speaker bios with contact info
- Attendee list with contact info (social network contact info optional)
- In-app social media links for the meeting or organization
- Customizable calendar with the “My Agenda” feature
- In-app note taking during sessions
- Push technology allowing the meeting planner to communicate upcoming events or changes during the conference
- Mapping function for off-site events and non-conference activities
The CVB also offers onsite support with the app throughout the event. The app can be downloaded at the iTunes App Store or Android Marketplace. Information is available from Jama Jarrett, email@example.com; 304.344.5075.