Waco Bass Fishing Event to be Broadcast This Weekend
10 Feb, 2021
The Major League Fishing (MLF) 2021 Academy Sports + Outdoors Heritage Cup Presented by Magellan Outdoors is set to premiere with a two-hour episode this Saturday, Feb. 13, at 2 p.m. ET on the Outdoor Channel. The event, shot over six days in October in Waco, Texas, showcases 30 of the top pro anglers in the world continuing the 2021 MLF Cup season.
The first episode premiering Saturday will feature the 10 anglers in Group 1 competing in their opening Elimination Round. Episode two will feature the 10 anglers in Group 2; Episode three the 10 anglers in Group 3. The top six finishers from each group’s Elimination Round advance to the two-day Sudden Death Round – episodes four and five – where nine anglers compete each day and try to finish in the top four. The sixth and final episode will feature the final eight anglers competing in the Championship Round to catch the most weight that they can to be crowned the 2021 Heritage Cup Champion.
The 10 Anglers in Group 1 that compete this Saturday (Feb. 13) on Day One of the 2021 Academy Sports + Outdoors Heritage Cup are:
- Adrian Avena of Vineland, N.J.
- Stephen Browning of Hot Springs, Ark.
- Jason Christie of Park Hill, Okla.
- Boyd Duckett of Guntersville, Ala.
- Randy Howell of Guntersville, Ala.
- Gary Klein of Mingus, Texas
- Chris Lane of Guntersville, Ala.
- Justin Lucas of Guntersville, Ala.
- Jeff Sprague of Point, Texas
- Jacob Wheeler of Harrison, Tenn.
The 10 Anglers in Group 2 that compete next Saturday (Feb. 20) on Day Two of the 2021 Academy Sports + Outdoors Heritage Cup are:
- Casey Ashley of Donalds, S.C.
- Ott DeFoe of Blaine, Tenn.
- David Dudley of Lynchburg, Va.
- Brent Ehrler of Redlands, Calif.
- Edwin Evers of Talala, Okla.
- Jason Lambert of Michie, Tenn.
- Andy Morgan of Dayton, Tenn.
- Cliff Pace of Petal, Miss.
- Dean Rojas of Lake Havasu City, Ariz.
- Fletcher Shryock of Guntersville, Ala.
The 10 Anglers in Group 3 that compete in the final Elimination Round (Feb. 27) on Day Three of the 2021 Academy Sports + Outdoors Heritage Cup are:
- Paul Elias of Laurel, Miss.
- Mark Daniels Jr. of Tuskegee, Ala.
- Todd Faircloth of Jasper, Texas
- Anthony Gagliardi of Dayton, Tenn.
- Jordan Lee of Cullman, Ala.
- Matt Lee of Cullman, Ala.
- Dave Lefebre of Erie, Pa.
- Mark Rose of Wynne, Ark.
- Wesley Strader of Spring City, Tenn.
- David Walker of Sevierville, Tenn.
The 2021 Academy Sports + Outdoors Heritage Cup Presented by Magellan Outdoors is hosted by the Waco Convention & Visitors Bureau. The event will air on the Outdoor Channel as six, two-hour original episodes each Saturday afternoon starting Feb. 13, 2021, and running through March 20, airing from 2 to 4 p.m. ET. Each episode will be available for viewing on the MyOutdoorTV (MOTV) streaming app on the Monday morning following each episode’s Saturday premiere.
The 2021 Academy Sports + Outdoors Heritage Cup Presented by Magellan Outdoors features 30 MLF pro anglers visiting the Waco, Texas area to compete on three different fisheries across the region, including Belton Lake, Lake Waco and Lake Whitney. The fisheries are unknown to the anglers – they do not learn where they are competing until they arrive to the launch ramp each morning of competition.
The full television schedule can be found at MajorLeagueFishing.com.
For complete details and updated information visit MajorLeagueFishing.com. For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow MLF’s social media outlets at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.