Tour De Lights on Tap for Knoxville
24 Oct, 2019
Bike Walk Knoxville and Visit Knoxville are partnering to continue the Tour De Lights tradition in Knoxville. On Saturday, December 14th, 5:30pm,the community is invited to participate in the Tour De Lights presented by Visit Knoxville and Bike Walk Knoxville; a fun, free, family friendly bike ride through downtown and North Knoxville. Participants are encouraged to get in the holiday spirit by decorating themselves and their bikes, while trying to win coveted awards. The event engages neighborhoods and businesses, along with others who come out to view the festivities.
New partners mean changes to the event:
- Keep your eyes peeled for a new logo.
- This year the event will take place on Saturday rather than Friday.
- The event will have an earlier start time than in past years – 5:30pm, which organizers hope will encourage folks to support local restaurants by enjoying dinner and/or drinks downtown before or after the event.
- The route is TBD and will be announced soon. It will start under the Jackson Ave. bridge and end in Market Square, which is different than past years.
- Special assistance provided by the City of Knoxville.
“The Tour de Lights is one of Knoxville’s most anticipated holiday events,” said Kim Bumpas, President of Visit Knoxville. “By partnering with Bike Walk Knoxville on this community favorite, we share the enthusiasm to feature our city as a safe, fun, and bike-friendly destination.”
Additional information will be released as it becomes available at bwknox.org.