Gamers will be flocking to GXL Colossal – the tri-state area’s biggest gaming conference – at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, Pennsylvania this October to get a look at Sector X’s ground-breaking 4D virtual reality arena.
The first in the U.S. to deploy wireless, free-roaming, fully immersive multiplayer experience, Sector X’s THE WARP is just one of the many highlights to be found at this year’s event, which is regarded as the region’s premier gaming conference. Other features Oct. 7-9 will include:
- ECGX’s largest console section ever!
- Up to $10,000+ in cash prizes announced for Valorant, Rocket League, Super Smash Bros, Diabotical, CSGO, Apex Legends, Quake, Starcraft 2, Tekken 7, Street Fighter V, and more!
- Mega Ran – one of the most prolific and innovative rappers of the 21st Century – will be performing live at the event to show how he brings video game music and hip-hop together to create his unique style.
- More than 25+ popular free play cabinets including a Bomberman setup for all attendees in the newly expanded 24-hour Arcade section.
- Origin of Play’s 3 VR Racing SIMs!
- Bawls’ pallet of everyone's favorite energy drinks to keep everyone gaming through the night.
- An amazing line-up of streamers, special guests, and celebrity Cosplayers, including Hero Hotties capturing the action and bringing along Cosplayers LunaFoxx and Katylagray to join the fun.
“After all of the disruption of Covid we are back with a bang!” said GXL co-founder Brian Bohanna said. “There is so much love for the GXL and we wanted to give the community a truly special few days. Having the WARP from Sector X is a real coup for us, and I know people are going to be blown away by it.”
Host venue – the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks – features 240,000-square-feet of flexible event space, and recently invested in their internet capabilities, upgrading to 10Gbps internet connection, and 10Gbps local network speeds – the fastest in the region in a major venue.
Attendees can also enjoy new and vintage gaming consoles, eSports, shopping in the vendor marketplace, racing simulators, dozens of Console and PC Tournaments with diverse vendors, Cosplay contests, playing tabletop games, or join the LAN party.
“We’re so excited to see Esports growing, and to host this incredible event in Valley Forge & Montgomery County because we’re a perfect fit for events like these!” said Jon Scheuren, Director of Sports for the Valley Forge Tourism & Convention Board’s (VFTCB) Valley Forge Sports Team.
For more information on how the VFTCB’s Valley Forge Sports Team can support events, visit www.valleyforgesports.org.
TheGXL was established on February 27th, 2004, as a collaboration of local gaming LAN organizations in the DE, NJ, and PA areas with a goal of instituting the largest and most exciting LAN (Local Area Network) parties. TheGXL has run 15 events ranging from 70 attendees to 700. The average attendance of non-MINI events is nearly 600 gamers. Over the years, many aspects of gaming have been included such as: Consoles, eSports, VR, Retro Consoles, Arcades, and so much more.