Great Lakes Sports Festival Returns for Fourth Year
29 Sep, 2017
The Erie Sports Commission (ESC) is pleased to announce that Great Lakes Sports Festival, hosted by REAL Training and Fitness, will return to the Bayfront Convention Center for the fourth year on Saturday, September 30, adding several new competitions to its day-long lineup.
New for 2017 will be the Crossfit Girl Garage Games, a national Crossfit competition for women and girls ages 16 and over, and the REAL Men Wear Pink Law Enforcement Tug of War, a bracket-style tug-of-war open to any law enforcement officer.
The event will raise money for breast cancer awareness, with proceeds going to the American Cancer Society.
Doors open at 8:30 a.m., and the schedule of events is as follows:
- 9 a.m.: Crossfit Girl Garage Games
- 9 a.m.: Great Lakes Bodybuilding, Bikini, Figure, Physique Pre-Judging
- 10 a.m.: REAL Men Wear Pink Law Enforcement Tug of War
- 11 a.m.: U.S. Strongman Competition
- Noon: PA State Arm Wrestling Championship
- Noon: Live TKO Erie Grappling
- 2 p.m.: Lake Erie Bulldogs Football drills
- 2 p.m. Pro Wrestling Rampage
- 4 p.m.: Head-to-Head Max Lift – Pro Strongman Anthony Furhman vs Powerlifter Lenny
- 6 p.m.: Spotlight Dance Performance
- 6:15 p.m.: NPC Great Lakes Bodybuilding, Bikini, Figure, Physique Night Show
Admission is $20 for adults and $10 for kids 11 and under. For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/pg/thegreatlakessportsfestival/.
The Erie Sports Commission is committed to promoting the Erie region as a prime destination for sports and recreation. The major goals of the ESC are to attract, create, support, and host sporting and recreational events that have a positive economic impact on the region, and assist in maximizing the potential of all regional sports facilities and venues. The ESC strives to enhance the image of Erie by showcasing the community, promote wellness through healthy lifestyles, and improve the quality of life for community members of all ages.