- Since 1992, The World Taekwondo Hanmadang has been recognized as the leading international competition on the various techniques and skills of the martial arts.
The Oregon State Hanmadang is set to return to Eugene, Oregon on April 30, 2022. This event is a nationally sanctioned United States Taekwondo Committee (USTC) event and a regional qualifier for the US Open USTC Hanmadang and official Kukkiwon sanctioned Open Events & Expos.
Furthering the tournament’s reputation and reach, the Saturday event will include the Pacific Northwest Martial Art EXPO which will run concurrently with the All Styles, Martial Art Skills Tournament called a “Hanmadang”. The Hanmadang & the Martial Art EXPO will open at 8 a.m. Saturday, April 30 at the Civic Park KIDSPORTS facility located at 2054 Amazon Parkway in Eugene.
The event will bring national and international professional officials and judges. Among them, the President of the International US Open Taekwondo Hanmadang, Grand Master Doug Fuechsel and Grand Master Nelson De Jesus, Head Official for the U.S. Taekwondo Committee.
“Eugene is proud to support athletes of all kinds and welcomes professional events like the Hanmadang Tournament that benefit our community. These tournaments foster courage, self-discipline, integrity, perseverance and fair play. It was inspiring to watch instructors and high-ranking masters come together to create a positive experience for their students. This tournament brought visiting Masters from up and down the West Coast to enjoy our community for the weekend, exploring our restaurants and microbrew pubs, music venues, museums, galleries, and running and biking trails.” - Mayor Lucy Vinis, Mayor of Eugene, Oregon.
Events and Schedule:
- All events take place at the Civic Park KIDSPORTS facility located at 2054 Amazon Parkway in Eugene.
- Korean archery and Kummooyeh Tournament starts at 8:15 a.m.
- Opening ceremonies begin at 9:30am.
- At 10 a.m. the competition will heat up and include power breaking, creative board breaking, speed spinning hook kick breaking, high jump front kick elimination events, demo team competitions, and much more!
- The Expo will include demonstrations of the Korean art of Hapkido and a performance byEast West Kung Fu, Springfield, ORand an extreme kicking demonstration.
- Off the mat, attendees can interact with vendors, try virtual reality gaming, padded tip archery, enjoy some food and take Arcimoto FUVs for a spin.
- Presenting Sponsor: Live Wire Electric
- Gold Sponsors: ActivePure Air Scrubbers, Collis Wealth Management Group Merrill Lynch, Eugene Physical Therapy, Turell Group, Western Archery, Yogi Tea
- Silver Sponsors: Three Rivers Casino, Osteostrong, Zachary Corbett Licensed Acupuncturist
- Bronze Sponsors: New Leaf Hyperbarics, Northwest Kummooyeh, ParaTools, Wildcraft Family Wellness
Oregon State Hanmadang is an uplifting, inspiring, high quality celebration of the history, spirit and future of martial arts and Taekwondo. Creating a focal point for the Pacific Northwest martial arts community, bringing together practitioners of many types of martial arts, giving them a space to connect, compete, and celebrate the 'Art' in Martial Art. For more information, go to oshanmadang.com