Breaking News: NCAA Announces Bidding for Championship Events
28 May, 2019
The NCAA is pleased to announce the start of its 2022-26 championship site selection campaign. The organization will look for hosts and sites for 86 of the 90 NCAA championships each year over four academic years, spanning 2022-23 through 2025-26.
The NCAA has engaged the services of an agency, 129 Sports LLC, to assist in managing this effort. Its founder, Russ Yurk, has in-depth knowledge of the NCAA and its processes, as well as experience in a range of national sporting events. He can be reached at email@example.com.
The timeline for the bid process is as follows:
- August 26: Bid specifications will be published on ncaa.org/bids
- August 26: Bid portal opens
- September 18: Host bid cycle symposium, NCAA national office
- February 3: Bid responses due
- March-September: Committee deliberations, recommendations and approvals
- October 23: Hosts/sites announced
Those with questions about the bid process should contact Russ Yurk at firstname.lastname@example.org.