St. Louis to Host Olympic-Level Gymnastics in June
15 Jun, 2016
Single-session tickets for the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Men’s Gymnastics and P&G Gymnastics Championships for women’s and junior men’s gymnastics are on sale. Scheduled for June 23-26, both events will be held at Saint Louis University’s Chaifetz Arena, which hosted the 2012 men’s and women’s national championships.
Single-session tickets are on sale for every session, with prices depending on session and seat location. All prices are plus applicable fees. All times are Central.
June 23 – Men’s Olympic Trials, 7 p.m., $20-$70; junior men/P&G Championships, 1 p.m., $10-$30
June 24 – Women’s P&G Championships: juniors, 1 p.m., $25-$40; seniors, 7:30 p.m., $40-$95.
June 25 – Men’s Olympic Trials, 7 p.m., $25-$75; junior men/P&G Championships, 1 p.m., $15-$35
June 26 – Women’s P&G Championships: juniors, 1 p.m., $30-$45; seniors, 7:30 p.m., $45-$105.
Other ticket packages also available are listed below. Pricing varies based on seat location; all times are Central.
· Men’s Olympic Trials – June 23 and 25: 7 p.m. on both days; tickets range in price from $55-$105 (plus applicable fees).
· Women’s Day 1 – June 24: 1 p.m. (juniors) and 7:30 p.m. (seniors); tickets range in price from $75-$125 (plus applicable fees).
· Women’s final day – June 26: 1 p.m. (juniors) and 7:30 p.m. (seniors); tickets range in price from $90-$140 (plus applicable fees).
· Senior men’s and women’s finals – June 25 and 26: June 25 at 7 p.m. for men’s Olympic Trials and June 26 at 7:30 p.m. for women’s P&G Championships; tickets range from $85-$135 (plus applicable fees).
· All-session tickets – all eight competition sessions: tickets range in price from $150-$495 (plus applicable fees). The platinum package ($495 plus fees) comes with a reserved seat in the first three rows, an autographed poster, and an Olympian meet-and-greet.
Tickets may be purchased at Ticketmaster.com, by phone at 800-745-3000, Ticketmaster outlets, and at the Chaifetz Arena Box Office. For more information, go to stlouis2016.com.
The June 23-26 competition schedule is listed below; all times are in the Central time zone and subject to change.
U.S. Olympic Trials – Men’s Gymnastics
Thursday, June 23 – 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 25 – 7 p.m.
P&G Gymnastics Championships
Thursday, June 23, junior men – 1 p.m.
Friday, June 24, junior women – 1 p.m., and senior women – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 25, junior men – 1 p.m.
Sunday, June 26, junior women – 1 p.m., and senior women – 7:30 p.m.
The U.S. Olympic Men’s Gymnastics Team will be announced on June 25 in St. Louis per the approved selection procedures and pending approval of the United States Olympic Committee. The P&G Championships will determine the women who will compete in the women’s trials, as well as the national champions and national teams for junior and senior women and junior men. Both days of competition count equally for each of the events.
The St. Louis Sports Commission is the local host for both events.
The trials and nationals for men’s and women’s gymnastics are being held separately to accommodate the differences in scheduling needed to properly identify and prepare athletes for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The P&G Gymnastics Championships for the senior men will be staged June 3-5 at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn., and will determine the men who will compete at the men’s Olympic Trials. The women’s Secret U.S. Classic will be held in conjunction with the men’s P&G Championships. The last time the men’s and women’s national championships were held at different times and locations was in 2008. The U.S. Olympic Trials – Women’s Gymnastics is set for July 8 & 10 at SAP Center at San Jose (Calif.). The last time the men’s and women’s trials were held separately was in 1976.
The U.S. Olympic Team Trials for all sports are a collaborative undertaking between the U.S. Olympic Committee, the national governing bodies and the local organizing committees.
- Chaifetz Arena at the Saint Louis University. Chaifetz Arena (TheChaifetzArena.com) is a 10,600-seat multipurpose venue on the campus of Saint Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri. Spectra Venue Management, operators of Chaifetz Arena, is the industry leader across a full range of services that impact the bottom-line success of public assembly venues, including marketing and sales, corporate partnerships, event booking, ticket services and box office management, customer service, operations and engineering, and finance and administration. Spectra by Comcast Spectacor is the expert in hosting and entertainment, partnering with over 300 clients at 400 global properties to create memorable experiences for millions of visitors every year. Spectra’s expertise is embodied within three divisions: Venue Management (formerly Global Spectrum), Food Services & Hospitality (formerly Ovations Food Services), and Ticketing & Fan Engagement (formerly Paciolan). Learn more at SpectraExperiences.com.
- St. Louis Sports Commission. The St. Louis Sports Commission is the privately-funded nonprofit organization that grows, strengthens and moves St. Louis forward through sports. The organization uses the power of sports to enhance the area’s quality of life and generate economic and social benefit for the St. Louis region.
- USA Gymnastics. Based in Indianapolis, USA Gymnastics is the national governing body for gymnastics in the United States. Its mission is to encourage participation and the pursuit of excellence in the sport. Its disciplines include men's and women's artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, trampoline and tumbling, acrobatic gymnastics, and group gymnastics (known internationally as Gymnastics for All). For more information, visit usagym.org.