With the 2022 NCAA Women’s Final Four approximately 40 days from tipoff, the NCAA, Minnesota Local Organizing Committee and ESPN announced event details that include opportunities for game tickets, numerous free events and community initiatives surrounding one of America’s marquee sporting events.
Championship week will culminate Friday, April 1, with the national semifinals at 6 and 8:30 p.m. local time (CST). The national championship game will be played at 5 p.m. local time (CST) Sunday, April 3, with all games carried live on ESPN. Target Center in downtown Minneapolis will be the site for the games and for the crowning of the 2022 national champion.
“The 1,000 student-athletes who will be part of the 2022 championship have one goal in mind during March Madness, and that is to advance so their team is playing in Minneapolis on April 1,” said Lynn Holzman, NCAA vice president of women’s basketball. “While the basketball will be highly competitive and a champion crowned, the Women’s Final Four is more than three games. We hope as many people as possible take advantage and experience all that is being offered during the week.”
Though a national champion will be crowned inside the Target Center on April 3, interactive fan activities outside the venue throughout the week will be equally unforgettable.
“The 2022 Women’s Final Four will be extraordinary because of the strong working relationship and cooperation between the NCAA, the Minnesota Local Organizing Committee, the City of Minneapolis, and the State of Minnesota” said Debbie Estes, co-chair of Minnesota Local Organizing Committee. “We have been working closely with the NCAA since the event was awarded several years ago, and it will truly be an honor to host the Women’s Final Four for a second time and an opportunity to provide a uniquely Minnesota hospitality experience for basketball fans from around the country.”
Click here to read full story on NCAA.com.
NCAA WOMEN’S BASKETBALL RESOURCES:
- NCAA Evaluation Tool (NET) Rankings: https://stats.ncaa.org/selection_rankings/nitty_gritties/2022/WBB/1/current_rankings
- Women’s basketball statistics: http://www.ncaa.org/championships/statistics/womens-basketball-statistics
- Women’s basketball home page: http://www.ncaa.com/sports/basketball-women/d1
- 2022 NCAA women's basketball selection show: dates, tournament schedule: https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2021-04-16/2022-ncaa-womens-basketball-selection-show-date-tournament-schedule
SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACCOUNTS/HASH TAGS
- Twitter: @MarchMadnessWBB
- Instagram: @MarchMadnessWBB
- Facebook: /marchmadnesswbb
- Regular Season: #ncaaWBB
- Post Season: #MarchMadness / #FirstFour / #Sweet16 / #Elite8
- Final Four: #WFinalFour
WOMEN’S FINAL FOUR/HASHTAG
About the NCAA
The NCAA is a membership-driven organization dedicated to safeguarding the well-being of student-athletes and equipping them with the skills to succeed on the playing field, in the classroom and for life. Learn more