2021 USA Shooting Junior Olympic Development Camps Coming to Hillsdale College
24 May, 2021
In partnership with USA Shooting, Hillsdale College and the John Anthony Halter Shooting Sports Education Center will host the 2021 USA Shooting Junior Olympic Development Camps. The skeet camp will run from June 13-17, and the bunker trap camp will run from June 20-24.
"Hillsdale is proud to work with USA Shooting to provide young people across our country with the opportunity to pursue a path to Olympic-level shooting," said Rich Péwé, chief administrative officer of Hillsdale College. "We look forward to similar future endeavors with USA Shooting."
Campers between the ages of 12 and 20 will receive premier instruction from several current and former USA Shooting Olympians and National Team members, including World Cup Gold Medalist Aeriel Skinner and U.S. National Champion Frank Thompson, both members of the U.S. Olympic Shotgun Team.
"Through this partnership, we intend to bring junior-level development back to the successful levels we saw when the National Rifle Association was running the camps," says USA Shooting CEO Matt Suggs.
"When I came back to USA Shooting last year, one thing I saw lacking were the junior-level development camps," said Suggs. "The athletes who were most successful in the early '90s came from the camps in '85 or '86. My vision is that, through this partnership with Hillsdale, we can bring pipeline development back to those levels."
The camp is an all-inclusive experience for novice- through high-level shotgun competitors with shooting experience living anywhere in the United States. The $1,995-cost covers:
- Transportation to and from Detroit Metro Airport
- Housing on Hillsdale's campus
- All meals (Sunday afternoon through Thursday morning)
- Local transportation between the main campus and the Halter Center
- Small-group coaching
- All clay targets and ammunition
- Evening activities on Hillsdale College's campus, including instruction on the Constitution and Second Amendment from Dr. David Raney, Hillsdale College History Professor
Other distinctives include:
- High-level training
- Premiere facility with International/Olympic-quality bunker and skeet installations
- Access to Olympians and Olympic-level instruction
- All-inclusive experience on a college campus
- Constitutional presentation from a Hillsdale College professor
- Location: Hillsdale College will host the 2021 National Junior Olympic Championship (June 29-July 7)
For more information, contact Hillsdale Rangemaster Bart Spieth at email@example.com.
About Hillsdale College
Hillsdale College is an independent liberal arts college located in southern Michigan. Founded in 1844, the College has built a national reputation through its classical liberal arts core curriculum and its principled refusal to accept federal or state taxpayer subsidies, even indirectly in the form of student grants or loans. It also conducts an outreach effort promoting civil and religious liberty, including a free monthly speech digest, Imprimis, with a circulation of more than 5.6 million. For more information, visit hillsdale.edu.