High Stakes Havoc Coming to Winnipeg
17 Sep, 2015
Zafar “Simba” Sacranie will be facing Keegan Oliver of Calgary at the upcoming High Stakes Havoc II on October 22, 2015 at the Club Regent Casino and Event Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This well-spoken 26-year-old fighter from Southdale is making his professional debut on this card after an impressive10-year amateur career with just over 60 fights. The time is now for Sacranie to make his mark on boxing in Canada.
After a two-year hiatus from boxing to travel throughout South America, Zafar has found himself back in the ring. His challenges while away including having to mix concrete for $20 per day, to having to busk a juggling act for change, to almost dying in the hills in Brazil. Zafar has found himself more focused and confident now than ever.
Coached by Kent Brown at Elite Boxing and MMA, this first generation Canadian is training full time leading up to this fight. Zafar’s training regime includes yoga 4-5 times per week, pad and technical work
5-6 times per week for 2-3 hours per session, and running sprints 2-3 times per week for anaerobic fitness. Watching fight tapes and preparing nutritionally dense meals to keep up with his training regime are also a big part of his training camp.
High Stakes Havoc II Boxing Card Fights to Include: (subject to change)
1. Zsolt Daranyi (Toronto) vs Damion Hill (Minneapolis) – 154 lbs
2. Mike Walchuk (Toronto) vs David Whittom (Quebec City) – Cruiser-weights, Semi-Main Event
3. Aaron Stephenson (Winnipeg) vs Roberto Mendoza (Winnipeg) – 152 lbs
4. Kyle Oliveira (Winnipeg) vs Stephen Zea (Toronto) – 130 lbs
5. Zafar Sacranie (Winnipeg) vs Keegan Oliver (Calgary) – 120 lbs
6. Krystian Dzienski (Miami) vs Jonathan Poirier (Montreal) – Heavyweights
7. Stan Surmacz-Ahumada (Edmonton) vs Dale Daniels (Winnipeg) – Heavyweights
8. Olivia Gerula (Winnipeg) vs Carla Torres (New York City) – 126 lbs, Main Event
Tickets are available at Vernaus Autobody located at 160 Higgins Avenue in Winnipeg or by calling 204.982.4540.
For more information, please contact Andrea Katz at 204.770.2203 or email at Andrea@FitCommunications.ca