World renowned multisport coaches and industry experts are on tap to present at the 2016 USA Triathlon Art & Science of Triathlon International Coaching Symposium, which will take place Oct. 21-22 in Atlanta.
Attendees of this year's symposium will hear from the best coaches and advisers in the sport, including the USA Triathlon High Performance staff who recently supported the 2016 U.S. Olympic Triathlon Team in Rio de Janeiro at the Olympic Games. The High Performance team, which is comprised of Olympic Games team leader Andy Schmitz, Olympic women's team lead Bobby McGee and Olympic men's team lead Jarrod Evans, along with USA Triathlon Collegiate Recruitment Program Manager and Olympian Barb Lindquist, will present a panel following the gold medal-winning performance from American Gwen Jorgensen on Aug. 20 at the Olympic Games.
Register now at active.com.
In addition to the USA Triathlon High Performance team panel and various other USA Triathlon staff members, presenters include:
- Jeff Anders, M.D.
- Lauren Antonucci, registered dietitian nutritionist
- Todd Carver, Retül
- Larry Creswell, M.D.
- Alison Dunlap, two-time U.S. Olympian, cycling (keynote)
- Neal Henderson, USA Triathlon Level III Certified Coach
- Lindsay Hyman, USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach
- Jesse Kropelnicki, USA Triathlon Level III Certified Coach
- Allen Lim, Ph.D.
- Ian Murray, USA Triathlon Level III Certified Coach
- Sage Rountree, Ph.D., USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach
- Dave Schell, TrainingPeaks
- Carwyn Sharp, Ph.D., USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach and NSCA Chief Science Officer
- Matt Valyo, USA Triathlon Level II and Youth & Junior Certified Coach
Topics covered at the 2016 Art & Science of Triathlon International Coaching Symposium include:
- Performance Nutrition for Elite Athletes
- Developing Cycling-Specific Fitness and Finesse for Triathlon
- Triathletes and Heart Health
- Strength Training for Triathlon Power and Performance
- Using Data Driven Techniques to Improve Athletes
- NCAA Pipeline
- Best Practices in Endurance Sports Nutrition and Hydration
- Recovery: The Key to Performance
- Positioning for Speed
- Altitude Training
- Calming our Stormy Waters: Mastering Anxiety in Open Water Swimming
- Closing and Keeping: Athlete Acquisition and Retention
- Using Data to Prescribe Race-Specific Training
- Coaching Youth & Junior Programs
- Risk Management
- Draft-Legal/ITU Running
- Swim Training
The biannual event is a unique and robust educational opportunity for triathlon coaches and includes networking opportunities. This year's event will be held at the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, and USA Triathlon Certified Coaches earn 15 CEUs for attending the entire conference. The cost is $595 for USA Triathlon Certified Coaches, $625 for USA Triathlon annual members and $655 for the general public.
Register now at active.com.
For the latest information on the 2016 USA Triathlon Art & Science of Triathlon International Coaching Symposium, visit usatriathlon.org.