The Rock Ranch will host “Lumberjack Day” during its Oct. 4 Fall Family Fun Day. “Lumberjack Day” is a highly visual and intense sports competition with collegiate timbersports teams from UGA, University of Florida, Auburn, University of Tennessee and Clemson.
Collegiate teams will compete in exciting events like pole chop, pole climb, two man cross-cut saw, log chopping, log rolling, log birling in the pond, knife and axe throwing
- Chainsaw carving exhibition with professional carvers
- Pick out a pumpkin to buy and take home (this week and every Saturday in the fall)
- Don’t forget your camera because it’s picture time in the Pumpkin Patch!
- Military families are half-off with military ID (this week and every Saturday in the fall)
- The Rock Ranch annual corn maze celebrates 75 Years of Wizard of Oz, the movie, and it features the likeness of Dorothy, Toto, The Scarecrow, The Cowardly Lion and The Tin Man (this week and every Saturday in the fall)Guest photos with costumed characters from Wizard of Oz (this week and every Saturday in the fall)
Events will run on Saturday, Oct. 4, 2014, 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
About The Rock Ranch: The Rock Ranch, 5020 Barnesville Highway in The Rock, Georgia, is a beautiful 1,500 acre cattle ranch located about an hour south of Atlanta in Upson County. It’s a place where families, school groups and even businesses can come to enjoy what we call “agritourism.” The Rock Ranch was founded by the late S. Truett Cathy, founder of Chick-fil-A and is dedicated to “Growing Healthy Families”! Visit www.TheRockRanch.com.