PGA Golf Exhibitions, in partnership with the PGA of America, is progressing with previously announced PGA Show initiatives to refresh and grow the 69th annual flagship event, January 25-28, 2022, in Orlando.
Event and programming enhancements focus specifically on powering face-to-face business connections, spotlighting innovations and prioritizing product experiential education, sourcing and transactions. PGA Golf Exhibitions and the PGA of America will continue to closely monitor and implement health and safety standards, based on CDC guidelines, local public health guidance and host venue protocols, to support a safe and comfortable experience at the 2022 PGA Show.
“With feedback from industry stakeholders, we are reimagining various aspects of the PGA Show to build the businesses of exhibitors and attendees through programs which will enhance product experiences and learning, buying opportunities and face-to-face connections,” said PGA Golf Exhibitions Vice President Marc Simon. “Following the successful conclusion of the recent in-person buying and education summit held Aug. 9-10 in Las Vegas, we are optimistic about providing an elevated PGA Show experience while prioritizing the health and well-being of our guests. We look forward to an exciting 2022 PGA Show where the golf industry reunites, celebrates rising consumer engagement and works together for the continued growth of golf.”
Current enhancements planned for the 2022 PGA Show include:
- Creating a new PGA of America Hub on the Show Floor inside the main Central Lobby entrance of the Orange County Convention Center. Attendees will enter to a full-scale golf activation area featuring a PGA Frisco 2022 Opening preview; “Make Golf Your Thing” campaign programming; PGA Professional coaching demonstrations; golf industry programs; a PGA Professional lounge; PGA Career Services and activations for Association initiatives and business partners.
- Reimagining the Equipment Test Center to feature technology enhancements on the indoor driving range, while relocating the practice putting green and the former short game test area nearby the Equipment Test Center to create one centralized golf product testing and experiential space.
Emphasizing clubfitting education during the event’s traditional demo day, in partnership with PGA Magazine. Clubfitting programming, education, vendors and range-side content will be added, and the event will move forward with the new name of PGA Show Demo and Fitting Day, the world’s largest professional demo and fitting education event.
- Re-organizing educational offerings, in partnership with the PGA of America and the Association of Golf Merchandisers, to prioritize PGA Professional and golf buyer time with exhibitors during Show floor hours. The 2022 educational programs will be scheduled with less overlap during Show Floor hours, and most Show Week education programs will be available virtually after the event.
Implementing enhanced sustainability measures with the host facility and service vendors, reducing the Show’s carbon footprint, and highlighting industry and exhibitor sustainability initiatives.
- Relocating the fashion buyer lounge, and the annual fashion show, to a more prominent Apparel Hall setting for easy access to peer meetings and networking.
- Enhancing technology access on site and integrating digital platforms to positively impact product discovery, testing and purchasing, educational access, registration and planning/logistics.
- Continuing the focus on health and well-being practices during all PGA Show Week events.
- Exhibitor participation is on track with the 2020 in-person PGA Show and media partners of the PGA Show and the PGA of America are set to return to the PGA Show Floor. Additionally, attendees can expect a return of popular PGA Show partners, pavilions, and programming, including the AGM Golf Retail Conference, NGCOA Golf Business Conference, PGA Member Business Center, New Product Zone, Inventors Spotlight exhibitor pavilion, live fashion show, golf travel pavilion, Adaptive Golf Center and the TPI Golf Fitness, Wellness & Instruction pavilion and stage.
Additional details on enhancements will continue to be announced leading up to the 2022 PGA Show. Event details and early registration information is available at PGAShow.com.