Orlando to Host Competitive Water Sports Events
14 Oct, 2013
Festival of Water Sports to be Held October 19
Professional water ski and wakeboard athletes from around the world compete for a $40,000 cash purse at Orlando Extreme Watersports Fest on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Gaston Edwin Park at Lake Ivanhoe in the heart of Orlando, Fla.
Admission is $10 per adult/$5 per child ages 4-12 advance online ticket purchase. $15 per adult/$8 per child ages 4-12 at the door. Free admission for children under 3. Purchase tickets online at www.OrlandoWatersportsFest.com.
Location is Gaston Edwin Park at Lake Ivanhoe is located at 1236 N Orange Ave., Orlando, FL 32801. The park is easily accessible from exits 84 and 85 from Interstate 4. Complimentary parking is available at nearby Lake Highland Preparatory School.
Event goers and water sports enthusiasts will be part of the action with great views of the professional wakeboarding and water skiing competition, junior athlete appearances, and demonstrations of the latest trends in wakesurfing and wakeskating. The event concludes under the lights with final nighttime competitions.
Competition and Demonstration Schedule? (Tentative)
- Noon – 12:30 p.m. Boat Show by Nautique Boats?
- 12:30 – 2 p.m. Slalom Semifinals
- 2 – 2:30 p.m. Water Jet Pack, Wakeskate, Wakesurf and Barefoot Ski Demonstrations
- 2:30 – 4 p.m. Wakeboard Semifinals?
- 4 – 4:30 p.m. Water Jet Pack, Wakeskate, Wakesurf and Barefoot Ski Demonstrations?
- 4:30 – 6 p.m. Jump Semifinals
- 6 – 7 p.m. Slalom Head-to-Head Finals?
- 7 p.m. Light Up the Lake and the National Anthem?
- 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. Wakeboard Finals on the Lighted Course
- 8: 30 – 9:30 p.m. Jump Finals on the Lighted Course?
- 9:30 – 10 p.m. Award Ceremony and Check Presentations
Information is available at www.USAWATERSKI.org