DC Triathlon Club and Cal Tri Events Partner in Mid-Atlantic region in 2021
17 Mar, 2021
DC Triathlon Club, a leading US triathlon club with 700+ members, is partnering with Cal Tri Events in the Mid-Atlantic region. The aim is to ‘support a new generation of triathletes who are looking for safe, affordable & accessible race options.’
“The Washington, DC region is lucky to have abundant opportunities to compete in the multisport arena from triathlons to duathlons to aquabikes, and more,” said Bryan Frank, President of the DC Triathlon Club.
“With Cal Tri Events expanding further into the mid-Atlantic region, we are looking forward to having more chances to race in fun locations with our family and friends. We are delighted that they emphasize a safe, affordable, diverse and welcoming experience in the sport of triathlon.”
Thom Richmond, Founder of California Triathlon & Cal Tri Events, said “The DC Triathlon Club community supports a broad range of athletes by providing training, coaching and mentoring resources.
“Tightly integrated partnerships which include additional training and race support combine the best of both worlds as we raise the bar for the 12,000 athletes we expect in 2021.”
The Cal Tri Events Mid-Atlantic season kicks off at Cal Tri Lake Monticello on May 2, 2021 – with monthly races through September including 2021 Cal Tri DC, on September 12, at General Smallwood Park outside Washington DC.
- 2021 Cal Tri Lake Monticello – May 2
- 2021 Cal Tri Fry’s Spring – June 27
- 2021 Cal Tri Crozet Park – July 11
- 2021 Cal Tri Walnut Creek – August 22
- 2021 Cal Tri DC – September 12
- 2021 Cal Tri Charlottesville – September 26
Cal Tri notes that it has a ‘safe, affordable and accessible’ mantra…
- Safe. At Cal Tri Events we put a premium on safety. Races feature a safe and humane rolling swim start and a 25:1 athlete to lifeguard ratio. Additionally, our athletes appreciate the pre-race clinics that get them race-ready.
- Affordable. We make events less expensive, from prices starting at $180 for a family of four, 50% off youth pricing, eliminating unfriendly insurance add-ons, and adding event options without a bike.
- Accessible. Cal Tri Events believes that a level playing field is one where athletes compete based on the size of their heart and not on the size of their wallet. The average Cal Tri Events athlete is younger (32 years old) and significantly more ethnically diverse than the industry standard.
DC Triathlon Club prides itself in the camaraderie amongst its members, noting that ‘everyone can expect to receive encouragement from fellow club members, whether you aim to break the finish line tape or are a back-of-the-pack athlete.’
At the DC Triathlon Club, we pride ourselves in welcoming and respecting all athletes, whether you are a beginner, elite or 10x Ironman finisher, young or old, a person of color, LGBT or straight, whether you live in DC/VA/MD or outside of the DC metro area, or in whatever way you may be special and bring rich diversity to the club.