The 39th Annual edition of Army Ten-Miler (ATM) returns in-person this Sunday, Oct. 8, 2023, at 8:00 a.m. EDT in Washington, DC, with more than 26,000 registered for one of the nation’s premier running events, and the only race that starts and finishes at The Pentagon. An additional 2,000 ATM Virtual Race participants brings the 2023 total to 28,000.
Family, friends and supporters are encouraged to cheer on the runners who navigate the ten-mile course and pass many of the city’s majestic monuments, landmarks and museums at the Army’s Race, considered the third largest of its kind. Among the competitors are 500 teams, including active-duty military, ROTC and U.S. Service Academy teams, in an overall field that features runners from 34 countries and over 3,000 cities.
ATM Race Weekend officially kicks off at the DC Armory (2001 E. Capitol St., SE) with the ATM Expo presented by Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). DC Armory is the only ATM packet pick-up location (ID and bib number required) during ATM Race Expo on Friday, Oct. 6 and Saturday, Oct. 7. 8:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. each day. No race packets will be mailed to in-person runners, and there is no packet pick-up on race day.
The ATM Expo, offering a full lineup of more than 100 exhibitors featuring products and services for runners, health enthusiasts, homeowners, and U.S. service members, is free and open to the public, with limited complimentary on-site parking (or take Metrorail Blue, Orange or Silver Lines to the Stadium/Armory Station).
ATM Expo highlights include:
- Peruse the exhibitor displays and meet ATM sponsors.
- Race T-shirts are not included in packet and must be picked up at t-shirt table.
- Collect Pasta Dinner tickets and Youth Run race packets at their respective tables (if one has previously purchased these items).
- ATM merchandise will be available onsite at the ATM Gear Store.
- Selfie Station: runners are encouraged to take selfies at the ATM selfie station backdrop and share them with the ATM social media community. Remember to use #RunArmyRunStrong on all social media channels.
- Packet Pick-Up Policy
- All runners must sign the waiver before collecting race packet
- No team changes
- No transfer of race bibs
- Packets/t-shirts will not be mailed
- No late registration
- No refunds
- One individual may pick-up a maximum of eight (8) packets
- If you are picking up a packet for another runner, you must have a photocopy or cell phone image of the runner’s photo ID and a printed copy of their signed waiver, if that runner did not sign their race waiver digitaly.
Runners are encouraged to review race day details (including the course map) here: https://www.armytenmiler.com/live-race-info/
Runners and spectators are advised to visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) website when making travel plans for ATM Expo and ATM Race Day, utilizing the Trip Planner function at www.wmata.com. Metro will open at 7:00 a.m. on race day.
ATM Road Closures for VA and DC - Sunday, Oct. 8:
NTERACTIVE MILITARY DISPLAYS
About the Army Ten-Miler
The Army Ten-Miler is scheduled for Sunday, Oct. 8, 2023, at 8:00 a.m. EDT in Washington, D.C. Conducted by The U.S. Army Military District of Washington (MDW), the Army’s race is the third largest 10-mile road race in the world. The ATM starts and finishes at the Pentagon with a course that travels through Washington, D.C. All race proceeds benefit U.S. Army Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation programs.