Placer Valley to Host Titan Hoop Basketball Classic
11 Dec, 2013
Four-Day High School Basketball Event to Feature Local, Regional and International Teams
For the 5th year, Antelope High School in Placer Valley will be the host of the Titan Holiday Classic. This year, the much-anticipated four-day basketball event will break boundaries by going international. The tournament will be held December 12-15.
There will be eight varsity teams and four junior varsity teams present to compete over the weekend. Four teams will be representing the Sacramento region, one from the Stockton area, two from the Bay Area, and one traveling in from Australia,
With such a wide variety of teams playing, this tournament boasts what most can't, an international opportunity. All of the games will be held at Antelope High School.
Information is available at this link.
About Placer Valley: Placer Valley Tourism's mission is to generate incremental room nights in hotels within PVT's geographic footprint . . . the cities of Roseville, Rocklin, and Lincoln, California. We recruit a wide variety of events, from corporate to athletic to performing arts activities to our area. We provide grants to some events, depending upon how many room nights they generate, and when they occur. Email Kim Summers for information on how to apply for a grant.
South Placer Tourism, Inc., doing business as Placer Valley Tourism (PVT), is a Business Improvement District (BID), incorporated in 2004 by the City of Roseville under provisions in the California Streets and Highways Code Section 36500-36504, which is known as the "Parking and Business Improvement Law of 1989". The organization is classified for tax purposes as a 501(c)6.
The geographic footprint of PVT consists of the three cities of Roseville, Rocklin, and Lincoln, California. PVT exists to market the three-city region as a tourism destination in order to generate incremental room nights in hotels in the cities.
At Placer Valley Tourism, your success is our joy. Below is a partial list of services that we offer to allow you to focus on other aspects of your very special event.
- We search nationally, regionally, and locally for outstanding events to recruit and serve
- We appreciate the tourism value, number of room nights and economic impact of events
- We assist event planners by matching our facilities with your needs
- We will request competitive proposals from every Placer Valley hotel to assist you
- We build event-specific web pages, complete with area information and the convenience of clicking all the way through to booking accommodations without leaving the site
- We provide financial grants to assist significant tourism generating events
- We provide media relations and publicity assistance
- We offer hospitality volunteers for selected significant events
- We have the ability to offer bundled marketing opportunities (for example, accommodations and event tickets) through our website
Our Core Values
The staff of Placer Valley Tourism pledges its commitment to these Core Values:
- TEAMWORK. We strive for the highest possible level of internal and external customer service as we work as a team to add value to one another, to achieve our mission, and to serve others.
- INTEGRITY. We are authentic: what we say is what we do! You can count on us to fulfill our commitments and to strive to exceed them. Honesty, fairness and reliability are a vital part of our foundation.
- PASSION. Each of us is entirely devoted to our role on the team. We are passionate about what we do; we enjoy helping you to create meaningful, unforgettable memories. (And we know that sometimes we have to be just a little weird to make your dreams come true!)
- VISION. We love and believe in our region! We have the courage to dream BIG, to be innovators, to face challenges and to fulfill our role in providing exceptional hospitality to visitors. We are committed to growing the economic health of our region through tourism.
- WORK ETHIC. We are dedicated to diligently planning and working hard to achieve over-the-top success in every program and event we touch.
For more information, visit http://www.placertourism.com/