Troon Courses Hosting Breast Cancer Awareness Events in October
5 Oct, 2020
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and “Troon Women’s Golf Month” at Troon-affiliated facilities around the world. Throughout the month, Troon-managed golf properties will be flying pink checkered flags on their 18th greens to help raise awareness about breast cancer prevention and screening exams and will have various fundraising events to support PLAY for P.I.N.K.®, a national charity funding breast cancer research. In addition, and to celebrate Troon Women’s Golf Month,teaching professionals at Troon-managed facilities will host introductory golf clinics, virtual events, and creative playing opportunities throughout October. Now in its seventh year, the goal of Troon Women's Golf Month is to introduce more golfers to the game, regardless of age, race or gender.
To help raise funds for breast cancer research, participating courses will hold Play for P.I.N.K. fundraising events, including Par 3 Challenges, Play for P.I.N.K. golf tournaments and golf clinics, and designate Play for P.I.N.K. tee times in which a portion of the green fee will be donated to Play for P.I.N.K. PLAY for P.I.N.K.(Prevention, Immediate diagnosis, New technology, Knowledge) supports a nationwide network of volunteers who raise money for breast cancer research through sporting and lifestyle events to speed advances in prevention, detection, treatment and survivorship. Play for P.I.N.K. donates 100% of its proceeds to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. To date, PLAY for P.I.N.K.has raised more than $62 million for breast cancer research.
Throughout the month of October, Troon-managed facilities will host golf clinics, virtual events, and fun playing opportunities. Examples of Troon Women’s Golf Month programming and/or Play for P.I.N.K. fundraising events at Troon-managed facilities around the globe include:
- Kapalua Golf in Maui, Hawaii will combine both initiatives, hosting a Play for P.I.N.K. golf outing on October 18th on its Bay Course and a complimentary women’s golf clinic prior to the outing. A portion of tournament proceeds will be donated to Play for P.I.N.K. and will benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- The Lodge of Four Seasons in Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri will have Play for P.I.N.K. and Stay for P.I.N.K. promotions throughout October. Tee it up in October on the Cove or Ridge Courses and $5 of every round will be donated to Play for P.I.N.K. Plus, book a room night in October and $5 of every room night will be donated to Play for P.I.N.K.
- The Els Club Malaysia are offering 50% off golf instruction for the month in addition to donating a portion of golf fees to breast cancer research.
- The Els Club Dubai in the United Arab Emirates will hold a Breast Cancer Awareness Golf Day on October 27th
- The Westin Kierland Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz. will provide a 15% discount on regularly priced apparel with the color PINK in it, plus will have regular “Hit the Green for Charity” contests on their par 3s throughout the month of October. Proceeds will be donated to Play for P.I.N.K.
- Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club in Maricopa, Ariz. is offering 20% off women’s apparel throughout the month of October.
Visit www.troon.com/play-troon-programs/womens-golf-month or contact the Troon-managed facility nearest you to learn more about Troon Women’s Golf Month programs. For more information on all of Troon’s “grow the game” initiatives, visit www.Troon.com.
Women’s Golf Month events are geared towards women, but all are welcome to participate. Troon and Troon-affiliated facilities do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at 435-plus locations around the globe, including managing 470-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 485-plus food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 40-plus states and 30-plus countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Honours Golf, OB Sports, Green Golf Partners, CADDIEMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. There are currently 67 Troon-affiliated properties featuring 87 golf courses on national and international “Top 100” rankings. Troon-affiliated properties include Gamble Sands in Brewster, Washington; The Virginian and Nicewonder Farm & Vineyards in Bristol, Virginia; Kapalua Golf in Maui, Hawaii; Lofoten Links in Gimsoysand, Norway; and The Els Club Dubai in United Arab Emirates. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com, or connect with Troon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Troon Chronicles, Press Room, or subscribe to Troon Magazine.