USA Triathlon Announces 2015 Splash & Dash Youth Aquathlon Series
2 Feb, 2015
Nationwide Swim-Run Events Aim to Introduce Multisport to Participants Ages 7-15
The USA Triathlon Splash & Dash Youth Aquathlon Series returns for the fourth straight year, with 46 swim-run events planned in cities across the United States with the aim of introducing youth to the multisport lifestyle.
The series launched in 2012 with 30 events and has seen consistent participation in the last three years, with 2,000 young athletes ages 7-15 taking part in 2014. With a focus on participation and fun, rather than competition, many of the events are not timed. The events are hosted in each of USA Triathlon's 10 Regions, and 23 events are returning after hosting an event during the 2014 season.
The 2015 series kicks off at the end of March and runs through November. USA Triathlon partnered with race directors, community centers, coaches, clubs and parks and recreation departments to solidify the slate of nearly 50 events for the year. The USA Triathlon staff will also host one of the events in Colorado Springs, Colorado, on Aug. 22.
Participants ages 7-10 will cover a 100-meter swim and a 1-kilometer run, while athletes ages 11-15 will complete a 200m swim and a 2k run. Visit usatriathlon.org/splashanddash for complete information on the series.
2015 USA Triathlon Splash & Dash Youth Aquathlon Series
- March 29: Z3 Fit Family Sioux Falls Splash and Dash, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- April 12: Z3 Fit Family Des Moines Splash and Dash, Des Moines, Iowa
- April 12: Splash and Dash into Spring, Cary, N.C.
- April 26: SuperKid Splash and Dash, Santa Cruz, Calif.
- April 30: Z3 Fit Family Kansas City Splash and Dash, Kansas City, Mo.
- May 2: West Palm Beach Splash and Dash, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- May 24: Z3 Fit Family Minneapolis Splash and Dash, Minneapolis, Minn.
- May 30: Try Kids Tri Splash and Dash, Louisville, Ky.
- May 30: Arlington Triathlon Club Splash and Dash, Arlington, Va.
- May 30: Madeira Beach Splash and Dash, Madeira Beach, Fla.
- May 30: San Diego Retro Tri & Kids Splash and Dash Pre-event Clinic, San Diego, Calif.
- June 6: Omaha Kids Splash and Dash, Omaha, Neb.
- June 7: Fit & Able Splash and Dash, Cary, N.C.
- June 7: San Diego Retro Tri and Kids Splash and Dash, San Diego, Calif.
- June 7: USAT Splash and Dash - Pompano Beach, Pompano Beach, Fla.
- June 13: Grand Rapids Triathlon - Splash and Dash, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- June 13: Strive 2 Tri Youth Splash and Dash, College Park, Md.
- June 14: West Shore YMCA Splash and Dash, Camp Hill, Pa.
- June 21: DPR Splash and Dash, Denver, Colo.
- June 24: Green Bay Multisport Youth Team Splash and Dash, Green Bay, Wis.
- June 28: Black Hills Triathlon Splash and Dash, Lacey, Wash.
- July 5: Tri Graeagle Splash 'n Dash, Graeagle, Calif.
- July 10: Z3 Fit Family Des Moines Splash and Dash, Des Moines, Iowa
- July 11: Cohasset Junior Triathlon, Cohasset, Mass.
- July 11: 4th Annual Haka Multisport Youth Splash and Dash, West Lafayette, Ind.
- July 12: MSCR Youth Splash and Dash, Verona, Wis.
- July 18: Salamander Splash and Dash, Knoxville, Tenn.
- July 18: Last Chance Splash and Dash, Helena, Mont.
- July 19: Tri Amphibians Splash and Dash, Long Beach, Calif.
- July 19: Tallahassee YTS Splash and Dash, Tallahassee, Fla.
- July 22: MMTT Splash and Dash, Geneva, Ill.
- July 25: Sun City Kids Splash and Dash, El Paso, Texas
- July 27: 2PA Splash and Dash presented by Endorphin Fitness, Richmond, Va.
- Aug. 1: Splash-N-Dash-N-Fun, Norman, Okla.
- Aug. 1: Steamboat Splash and Dash, Steamboat Springs, Colo.
- Aug. 4: Kids Splash and Dash at HFFA, Huntersville, N.C.
- Aug. 8: Mountain Lakes Kids Splash and Dash, Guntersville, Ala.
- Aug. 8: Swim 70 Splash and Dash, Norwalk, Conn.
- Aug. 16: Mini Moraine Man Youth Triathlon, Portersville, Pa.
- Aug. 16: The Tucson JCC USA Triathlon Youth Aquathlon, Tucson, Ariz.
- Aug. 22: USA Triathlon Colorado Springs Splash and Dash, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Aug. 22: MI Titanium Splash and Dash, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Aug. 23: Back to School Splash and Dash, Fulshear, Texas
- Sept. 13: Best in the West Triathlon Festival, Sweet Home, Ore.
- Oct. 4: USAT I Am Fast Splash and Dash, Indian Harbour Beach, Fla.
- Nov. 8: SuperHero Splash and Dash, Norfolk, Va.
About USA Triathlon: USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon, as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon and paratriathlon in the United States. Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 races and connects with nearly 500,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work with athletes, coaches and race directors on the grassroots level, USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including International Triathlon Union (ITU) World Championships, Pan American Games and the Olympic and Paralympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member of the ITU and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).