Colorado Springs to Host 2014 USA Cycling Coaching Summit
16 May, 2014
Event to be Held Oct. 31-Nov. 2
USA Cycling, the official governing body for all disciplines of cycling in the United States, is pleased to announce that registration for the 2014 USA Cycling Coaching Summit is officially open. The Coaching Summit will be held Oct. 31-Nov. 2 in Colorado Springs, Colo., at the USA Cycling National Conference Center and provides a great opportunity to learn and network with top coaches, professionals and experts in the cycling field. In addition, USA Cycling coaches receive 40 CEUs for attending.
New for 2014: seven distinct tracks aimed at enhancing coaching knowledge in nutrition, exercise physiology, training, sports psychology, women's specific, juniors and business. The business track will consist of three presentations: 1) Establishing Your Business; 2) Growing Your Business; and 3) Marketing Your Business. Seating is limited for these presentations and reservations are necessary to attend. To reserve your spot please register for the Summit and then contact USA Cycling Coaching Education and Athlete Development Director Kevin Dessart directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To date USA Cycling has lined up the following presenters for the Coaching Summit:
- Stacy Sims, PhD – Founder, OSMO Nutrition
- Brent Ruby, PhD – University of Montana
- Dave Jarrett – USSA Head Coach, Nordic Combined
- Neal Henderson – Owner, Apex Coaching
- Kristin Armstrong – World Champion and Olympic Gold Medalist
- James Herrera – Head Coach, USA Cycling BMX
- Joe Friel – Founder, Training Peaks
- Tyrone Holmes, Ed D, CPT, – Owner, Holmes Fitness Coaching, LLC & T.A.H. Performance Consultants, LLC
- Tara Butler, CPCC, PCC – Owner, Broadviewpreneur.
- Chrissy Steigerwald, MS – University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- Peter Haberl – United States Olympic Committee, Sr. Director Sports Psychology
- Kristen Dieffenbach, PhD – University of West Virginia
Additional information on the Summit can be found HERE.
Interested in presenting at the 2014 Summit? Click Here to fill out the request form and submit it to email@example.com no later than June 27, 2014.
About USA Cycling: Recognized by the United States Olympic Committee and the Union Cycliste Internationale, USA Cycling is the official governing body for all disciplines of competitive cycling in the United States, including road, track, mountain bike, BMX and cyclo-cross. As a membership-based organization, USA Cycling comprises 64,000 members; 2,700+ clubs and teams; and 34 local associations. The national governing body sanctions over 3,100 competitive and non-competitive events throughout the U.S. each year and is responsible for the identification, development, and support of American cyclists. To learn more about USA Cycling, visit usacycling.org.