Sports Business Professionals Invited to Attend Baseball Conference
6 Dec, 2013
Reduced Registration Rate Available to Industry Members
The Sports Management Worldwide Baseball Career Conference will take place on December 9th in Orlando. The conference is being marketed to launch or advance careers in Major League Baseball. Participants will have the opportunity to meet and learn from well known baseball executives including Sports Agents, Scouts, Media, and Marketing experts within the backdrop of the Baseball Winter Meetings. Attendees will gain valuable insight into a variety of careers from those working at the highest levels in baseball including MLB and the minor leagues.
The Baseball Winter Meetings are an annual event, held each December, attended by representatives from all 30 Major League Baseball organizations, more than 160 minor league baseball teams, various league offices, companies associated with baseball and guests from international baseball-playing countries. The Sports Management Worldwide Baseball Career Conference is held in the backdrop of the Annual Baseball Winter Meetings. If you have always dreamed of working in baseball this is your opportunity!
This day long baseball career conference offers unique panel discussions and question-answer periods designed to start or advance your career on the business of baseball. Insights and strategies on when teams are hiring, who they hire, skills they are looking for and secrets to break into the industry and advance your career will be offered throughout the day.. Whether you want to be a Scout, a Sports Agent or work in Media or Marketing within baseball this will be your opportunity to brush elbows with well known executives who want to advise and mentor your career.
2013 Speakers Include
- John Schuerholz, President Atlanta Braves
- Cory Schwartz, MLB Advanced Media Vice President, Stats
- Dr. Lynn Lashbrook, SMWW President and Founder
- Dan Evans, Toronto Blue Jays Scout, Former LA Dodgers GM
- Rob Neyer, SB Nation National Baseball Editor & well known baseball author
- Tony DeMacio, Director Scouting Atlanta Braves
- Toney Howell, Special Assistant GM LA Dodgers
- Ari Kaplan, Ariball President - leading figure in sports analytics
- Oscar Suarez, MLB Agent
- Hector Gomez, MLB Agent
- Joe Favorito, Sports Publicity & Marketing Consultant
- Bobby Evans, San Francisco Giants, Dir. of Player Personnel
- Alyson Footer, National Correspondent MLB.com
- Sal Artiaga, Former President of Minor League Baseball
- Dr. Jose Goyos, Ph.D. L.C.S.W. Kansas City Royals Sports Psychologist
- Tom Giordano, Special Assistant GM Texas Rangers
- Maury Brown, Founder and President of The Biz of Baseball
- Larry D'Amato, Former MLB Scout
- Tony Ciccolella, MLB Agent, SMWW Agency Dir. of Baseball
- Ryan Latham, Sports Risk Mgr. formerly with Red Sox & Mariners
- Mark Smith, Oakland A's Minor League Video Coordinator
- Chuck Patterson, SMWW Sports Career Counselor
- Ted Curtis, Esq. Lynn University, Department of Sports Management
- and many more.
The conference is open to anyone 18 years or older interested in advancing their career in sports. Sports Business professors are invited at a reduced rate. Group rates available.