2019 FVV Fan Fest and Summer Camp Returning to Rockford
10 Jul, 2019
Alongside Rockford native and NBA champion Fred VanVleet, the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) is thrilled to announce the return of the 2019 FVV Fan Fest on Friday, July 12 in downtown Rockford at the UW Health Sports Factory (UWHSF). The FVV Fan Fest is the official opening community celebration for the 2019 FVV Summer Camp, which will be produced by VanVleet on July 13-14 at UWHSF.
The third annual FVV Fan Fest, presented by Anderson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, kicks off the weekend from 5-9 p.m. Friday, July 12. All ages are welcome and encouraged to take part in an interactive community experience. The evening’s festivities will include shooting stations, three point and dunk contests, bouncy houses, live T-shirt screenings, and more—all to celebrate VanVleet’s success on and off the court and the positive impact of RACVB’s sports tourism efforts!
"We are very excited to partner with Fred again this year and support Fan Fest," said Chad Anderson, general manager of Anderson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram. "Fred's story and championship performance have sparked a sense of pride and excitement in our community. Not only did Fred and the Toronto Raptors win an NBA Championship, but we think the people of Rockford feel like champions, too. Fred has done an amazing job representing our community on the world stage, and has become an example of what hard work, grit, and determination can accomplish. His basketball camp and fan fest is great way for the community to be part of that on a very personal level."
Admission to the FVV Fan Fest is $5 and tickets can be purchased at the door or at https://www.gorockford.com/fvv. All net proceeds from the 2019 FVV Fan Fest benefit the RACVB Charitable Foundation (501(c)(3)).
“We’re excited and honored to work alongside Fred for the 2019 FVV Fan Fest. This weekend celebration is for the community and a reflection of the positive impact of sports, and Fred continues to be big part of that giveback program,” said Nick Povalitis, RACVB director of sports development. “His success on and off the court is an inspiration for us all, and that’ll again be on display July 12-14!”
The 2019 FVV Summer Camp, produced by VanVleet, is set for 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday-Sunday, July 13-14, and is designed for boys and girls ages K-12. Attendees will learn skills and compete in contests led by VanVleet and his staff.
Registration to the 2019 FVV Summer Camp is $100 and includes both days. All registered camp attendees will receive free admission to FVV Fan Fest, lunch and a Camp T-shirt. To register online for the FVV Summer Camp OR to participate in the Sponsor a Camper program, visit https://fvv23.com/or http://www.FredVanVleetBasketballCamps.comor checks for Camp registration made payable to Fred VanVleet can be dropped off at the RACVB Office, 102 North Main Street, Rockford, IL 61101.
2019 FVV Fan Fest
- When: Friday, July 12
- Time: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: UW Health Sports Factory
- Who: Open to the public – All ages event (Children 14 & under must be accompanied by an adult)
- Presenting Sponsor: Anderson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
- 3-Point/Dunk Contest Sponsor: Rockford Bank & Trust
- Half-Court Sponsors: Papa Johns, Pepsi-Cola of Rockford, Rockford IceHogs Charitable Foundation, Rock Valley College, SwedishAmerican – A Division of UW Health
- Courtside Sponsors: Embassy Suites Rockford, NAACP, Project First Rate, PS Brewing Company
- In-Kind: Rockford Park District, YMCA of Rock River Valley, RPS 205/Auburn Knights, Luxe Productions, WREX-TV, Food 4 Fuel, ProSkillz Gaming, Recognition Pros, Inc.
- Admission: $5 per person. (FVV Summer Camp attendees receive free admission.) Purchase tickets at the door or in advance online at https://www.gorockford.com/FVV.
2019 FVV Summer Camp
- When:Saturday-Sunday, July 13-14
- Time:10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where:UW Health Sports Factory
- Who:Boys and Girls, Grades K-12
- Camp Registration Fee:$100 which includes both days and lunch
The mission of the RACVB is to drive quality of life and economic growth for our citizens through tourism marketing and destination development. www.gorockford.com